U21 Development League 2022/2023

BOF

18 minutes ago, fightoffyour said:

Forest had a bad night in the PL Cup this week I see, although Blackburn are in (near the bottom of) the upper tier.

Yeesh! You ain't kidding. A 6-1 hiding. And all 10 outfield players were the ones who started the previous league game against Sunderland, so it was absolutely their PL2 side. Only the keeper was different. Definitely bodes well from a tiredness POV.

• Like 1

Full list of this weekend's festivities. We'll know a whole lot more about the playoffs next Tuesday.

Friday 14th
19:00 Aston Villa(5)   v Derby County(11)
19:00 Middlesbrough(7) v Notts Forest(3)
19:00 Southampton(2)   v Stoke City(10)

Monday 17th
13:00 Newcastle Utd(9) v Norwich City(6)
18:00 West Brom(4)     v Sunderland(8)
19:00 Stoke City(10)   v Leeds United(1)

8 minutes ago, Kuwabatake Sanjuro said:

Kessler only a sub, something gone wrong somewhere there.

Might be on the bench tomorrow.

This game isn’t going like the GD buster we might’ve expected. Do well to win at all playing like this.

Does anybody else have a problem where the stream stops with the Circle of Doom, then if you reload the page it goes back about 10 seconds before and then stops at the same place? It's done this to me about 3 times in this game now. 

A poor first half which Derby shaded if anything gave way to a pleasing second-half performance, with particular standout efforts from Young, Afoka and my MOTM Ealing, who was great forward and back and that's the best I've seen him play. We also had strength on the bench, with Sturridge looking good having back on the pitch and Kesler obviously too good for the level even on the 'wrong' side. 

The OS stream cut out a few times for me, including for the second goal, but I saw most of it.

Didn't really get going until we scored but deserved the win in the end. Kadan Young made the difference with a couple of moments of quality for the first and third goals, then got better and better as the game wore on. Afoka looks more comfortable in that striker role rather than out wide. Ealing and Feeney had good games also. However we'll have to play better if we want promotion.

• Like 1

Friday stats updated ahead of this evening's games.

Some odd selections in that game actually.

Sinisalo's first selection since January and second of the season.  Finley Munroe's first matchday appearance and start of the season, getting him an assist. Mikell Barnes' first matchday squad of the season, as an unused sub.  Campton-Sturridge's first matchday appearance and came on as a sub.

The games important today are :
We'd really like Norwich to drop points at Newcastle. A defeat would make it very difficult for them to catch us and almost guarantee us a playoff place.
Obviously any dropped points by West Brom would be nice, but that's unlikely.
Leeds are largely irrelevant. We probably want them to win the thing outright, so maybe a win for them please.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, BOF said:

We'd really like Norwich to drop points at Newcastle. A defeat would make it very difficult for them to catch us and almost guarantee us a playoff place.

I think Newcastle have beaten Norwich - Ryan Fraser on the scoresheet. :)

• Like 1
  • Haha 1