Midweek Football11/12 May

andykeenan

9 minutes ago, foreveryoung said:

Who wants Arsenal to get top 4, not me. Used to like them, not since Arteta took over though, he think's they are the best on the Prem, he will be crying after this.

Bit weird - I don't get that feeling from Arsenal at all.

Comfortably the most likeable "top 6" side.  Probably followed by Spurs.

• Like 1

Just now, Mark Albrighton said:

Arteta’s half time team talk worked 

«We can find a way back in this, lads, just keep your heads up and work your socks off».

Lasted all of half a minute 😅

• Haha 2

its really hard to dislike son, he seems like a super nice guy and he was brilliant at VP. for that goal when he sprinted from the halfway line you just knew it would end up in the back of the net. real top class forward, does it season after season

• Like 1

I have no time for Spurs, but just for lols I’m now hoping that by the end of 90 mins Spurs have more goals than Arsenal have players on the pitch. 

• Haha 1

Just now, PieFacE said:

I find it baffling that Son is still at Spurs. Never seems to get linked away either. 

I agree, I can’t really think of a team he wouldn’t make better, even though I really resent how we almost take for granted that a team fifth in the Premier League shouldn’t be able to keep their best players. 

38 minutes ago, OutByEaster? said:

I always think a red should be for something malicious - those are two nothing bookings really - silly of the player, but perhaps a bit much from the ref.

The second booking was absolutely ludicrous from Holding, definitely a yellow.

8 minutes ago, PieFacE said:

I find it baffling that Son is still at Spurs. Never seems to get linked away either. 

Probably happy, playing well and paid well.

It's the agents that start instigating, his mustn't be bothered.

Smith-Rowe looking like he can’t wait to get stuck in there, coming off the bench. His face was like «do I really have to do this?»

Edited by El Zen

1 minute ago, El Zen said:

Smith-Rowe looking like he can’t wait to get stuck in there, coming off the bench. His face was like «do I really have to do this?»

Deano can have him on loan for the turkey boys' promotion push.

7 minutes ago, Mr_Dogg said:

Probably happy, playing well and paid well.

It's the agents that start instigating, his mustn't be bothered.

I agree with all that, but for whatever reason there’s not a sense of “yeah but he’s winning nothing…” like there is with Kane (or with Grealish at Villa).

It’s not really discussed or acknowledged by pundits or fans that he could do better at another club. Not to the same extent at least.

Â