Fantasy NFL 2022-'23

maqroll

42 minutes ago, LancsVillan said:

Sorry but I don't see why the who gets a 1st down gets rewarded. 1st Down 9yds carry RB1 2nd 1yd RB2. Which player had most 'impact' on game? 

We used to have PPR but that seemed to over value RBs, especially the work horse types 

I'd actually argue the guy who got the first down had the most impact but I can see where you're coming from. And that is a very extreme example you've used.

In theory standard favours RBs, PPR favours WRs, 0.5 PPR should be about even. This year has been shit for highly drafted RBs in the main. Point per carry definitely favours RBs.

As with all these suggestions go with majority at the end of the year.

3 hours ago, sexbelowsound said:

This. A discussion in my dynasty league often  tends to lead to a trade rather than just firing out trade offers.

I typed up my initial reply to this in a rush before work this morning, so it doesn't read back like how I meant it. What I meant was it's not something like to do (I don't mind receiving them, I just don't usually send DMs about trades).

I didn't mean to suggest people shouldn't be doing it. Whatever works for you! It's all good. I'm pleased @rhyscartwright_avfc did get his trade done because trades unquestionably make things more exciting.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, LancsVillan said:

Does the voting for/against a trade actually have any impact? 

It's a majority system. If the majority of the league vote against a trade, it automatically gets cancelled.

It usually only ever happens if a trade is massively lop-sided.

On 28/09/2022 at 10:52, rhyscartwright_avfc said:

AFAIK points per carry is not standard in any format. I've only ever seen it in this league. Going back to @Tubby's point, both players got 55-60 yards and a TD and got a similar amount of points. If we want to reflect real life football does that not make sense? 

One thing I have seen elsewhere which could be interesting is using PPFD (point per first down) instead of PPR. It then is more closely aligned to rewarding players that actually impact the game, no matter what position they play.

The reason why I'm pro points per carry (albeit small amounts) is the example I gave. A RB with 15 carries had the same amount of points as a WR with three catches. Yards aside, it's not the same effort and the RB should be recognised imho.

Happy to put it to a vote, at the appropriate time, as we should.

5 hours ago, sexbelowsound said:

The trade feature on this is a bit janky. So if my trade with @rhyscartwright_avfc goes through he will have CMC for the weekend but I won’t have had Chase for last nights game? 

does that mean he could theoretically get the points for Chase last night and CMC this weekend?

If my memory serves me correctly, any player that has played won't be traded so the trade will probably be delayed. I won't guarantee it but I think you can rest easy.

The trade feature on this is a bit janky. So if my trade with @rhyscartwright_avfc goes through he will have CMC for the weekend but I won’t have had Chase for last nights game? 

does that mean he could theoretically get the points for Chase last night and CMC this weekend?

I'm afraid you get the short end of the stick.

I don't mind delaying it until next week if you want?

Not sure how that would work in practice. @Beastmix might need to manually cancel it, then if we put it through again tomorrow it should go through after the games this weekend?

1 hour ago, rhyscartwright_avfc said:

I don't mind delaying it until next week if you want?

Not sure how that would work in practice. @Beastmix might need to manually cancel it, then if we put it through again tomorrow it should go through after the games this weekend?

You guys are really testing me this season!😂

It's usually on the people trading to ensure their traded players are eligible by the time the trade goes through. There isn't a setting to disqualify players who play before the trade goes through, unfortunately (unless I made trades immediate, which opens up a whole new can of worms). It simply comes down to managerial responsibility.

Apart from letting it go through and mutually agreeing not to play any of the players involved in the trade (including Kmet), or cancelling it altogether, this leaves us with 2 options:

1: You process the trade, as is, and take the hit.

2: You agree to cancel the trade and I'll manually put it through on Monday.

Let me know and I'll sort it out for you.

@rhyscartwright_avfc@sexbelowsound

The only potential issue with cancelling the trade and agreeing for me to put it through manually on Monday is if any of the players receiving a particularly bad injury this weekend. I'd then be obligated to trade an injured player to you.

I do think it might be better to cancel the trade (if you can - if not, and you agree, I'll manually put the players back after it goes though) and then do it yourself next week, but if you're happy to risk it, we'll do it manually.

5 hours ago, maqroll said:

Tyreek has staked me to a nice lead. Watch me blow it.

Doubt it.

Ekeler has his highest points total of the season so far, and it's not even half time.

Â