FCG Meeting - 7th April

OutByEaster?

30 minutes ago, OutByEaster? said:

Looking at the notes, they probably don't do the full meeting justice, it was a brisk two and a half hours with a lot spoken about.

I'm not sure how much it's captured in that first section, but the ongoing efforts to work with footballs rule makers for the greater good is somewhere that Mr Purslow is putting a huge effort in on behalf of the club.

It's impossible to predict exactly how the government's Fan Led Review will play out, but there's certainly a sense that fans, the press and potentially broadcasters are unsure that they can trust those at the top with their own interests at heart. It's a changing, volatile landscape and especially so since the addition of the Saudi wealth fund and Newcastle - Mr Purslow is very much someone who is visible at a Premier League level and fighting for the interests of Aston Villa.

I think it's important also to recognise that individually and collectively, the representatives of fan groups have some concerns around the ticketing changes; it was recognised that there are some areas of Villa Park where tickets are relatively cheap in comparison to other tickets in the league, and indeed in comparison to other parts of Villa Park, but there's still some concern as to how to address that and whether the club have currently got it right - ultimately that will be down to the club, but there are people asking questions on behalf of fans.

On the North stand redevelopment, the notes kinda reflect a little of the light but none of the warmth from the fire of the talk about it, This will be a game changer; without specific plans being available, or drawings, there was a real excitement in the way the club spoke about their ideas, there's a real ambition behind the project. This will be a big, big project with a big, big result - and not just in the stand, the fan zone sounds a very impressive project in its own right. There's a real feeling that the club can get it done and make something that not just Villa fans in the long term, but the city and the nation can also be proud of in 2028. 

One thing that doesn't come through in the notes was that just about every conversation was a where-we-are-right-now conversation that lead very easily and quickly into a where-we're-going-next conversation - there's a clear and burning desire not to sit still, a real feeling that the club is half way somewhere, not pulling into the station - that's the underlying thing came over for me personally, the ambition that's present, and the commitment from ownership and the senior team - there's nothing that suggests they're selling up in a couple of years or turning off the taps. Our owners are not done yet and our CEO is wanting and expecting progress.

Really appreciate the extra commentary here, thanks!

29 minutes ago, Ingram85 said:

Bit disappointing that kit manufacturing, quality issues and availability issues through the season hasn’t been discussed. 

Think it was sorted this season no issues on stock this year? 

Glad to see ticket prices will be revised higher. There is so much demand and prices are low on average compared to other PL clubs. Revenue is needed to bolster the playing staff.

One question on the UEFA rules is about how it is applied. Is it retrospective as in if we had 80% ratio in the season where we come 6th we have issues with UEFA despite the fact we will increase our revenue by being in Europe. Or does it take into account the revenues that will be generated and then any sanctions are applied retrospectively. If it's the former it's a death sentence to those clubs not established in Europe already who can rely on their additional income from previous seasons.

17 hours ago, OutByEaster? said:

My understanding is that it is - the club was looking at the little corner area between Holte and Trinity as a test patch a while back. 

That was years ago under Faulkner.  I hope the club considers the ticket price hike. I understand that we are in the lower end of ticket prices but  Birmingham is not London and the squeeze of llving standards is going to effect us all for the next 12 months.

Â