Battle for top half finish

turvontour

6 minutes ago, Zatman said:

How did we fold over to Arsenal when we played them a few weeks back

My guess is, exactly the same as we did for all the 18 games we've lost so far. Lose to City, which is a given, and we've lost exactly half of all our games. Lose to Burnley too, and I wish I'd taken a sabbatical this season from Villa. So much misery.

3 hours ago, nick76 said:

Yep I agree but what gets dismissed is the new manager bounce of 12 points in the first 6 games and since then it’s 19 games 22 points.  I’m not allowed to mention that though because many on here says that’s unfair/BS/cherrypicked.  

I think a new manager bounce is a thing and I have shown massive amount of data on this site to support that from many managers across many clubs down the years.  

I also point to how well we played those first six games, very different to most things in 2022 but I’ve been heavily criticised by some on here for that.

I’m bound to get abuse for repeating but I don’t care.  The last 19 games (equivalent of half a season so double that leads to a 44 point season). Anyway people will abuse me for that and I’ll just ignore that but that form is what concerns me.

Yeah - but he must not be judged until Aug 6 - after that ...........

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Screenshot_20220516-233209_Chrome-min.jpg

Newcastle who are beating them were below us before the game today so it doesn't make sense

Again nobody is saying we should beat them, we didnt give them a game

4 minutes ago, Zatman said:

Newcastle who are beating them were below us before the game today so it doesn't make sense

Again nobody is saying we should beat them, we didnt give them a game

The fact that Arsenal are 5th in the League don't make sense? Wouldn't that mean they've had to be better than 15 teams in the League overall? Or is the quality and lack thereof of teams decided on individual results. ( Ones which suit an agenda )

Are football results this straightforward?

Is there no realm of nonsense you won't go to hammer home your agenda?

Man City drew with West Ham yesterday. " Poor ".

Arsenal were in good form at the time, Newcastle have since been in immense form, beating pretty much everybody they have played.

You try way too hard.

It's like you're willing to look like an amateur football spectator just to attempt to squeeze a dig in.

The baffling ridiculousity.

In future, just comment " F£ck Gerrard " in every thread, instead of clutching for absolute nonsense.

You and some others will save yourselves alot of typing effort.

Edited by JAMAICAN-VILLAN

15 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Some would argue that in the last 1 games we've only taken 1 point.

You do know that is actually a fact don’t you? I think your sarcasm needs a bit of work mate. 😉

Edited by nick76

1 minute ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

The fact that Arsenal are 5th in the League don't make sense? Wouldn't that Lena they've had to be better than 15 teams in the League? Or is the quality and lack thereof of teams decided on individual result

Are football results this straightforward?

Is there no realm of nonsense you won't go to hammer home your agenda?

Man City drew with West Ham yesterday. " Poor ".

Arsenal were in good form at the time, Newcastle have since been in immense form, beating pretty much everybody they have played.

You try way too hard.

It's like you're willing to look like an amateur football spectator just to attempt to squeeze a dig in.

The baffling ridiculousity.

In future, just comment " F£ck Gerrard " in every thread, instead of clutching for absolute nonsense.

You and some others will save yourselves alot of typing effort.

No Newcastle were below us before kick off so thats how it doesnt make sense

Arsenal had played Liverpool 3 days before and Arteta was crying that our game was so close and we didnt lay a glove on them. Was an absolute shit performance

Arsenal were so good Palace smashed them a week later

Arsenal had played Liverpool 3 days before and Arteta was crying that our game was so close and we didnt lay a glove on them. Was an absolute shit performance

" No Newcastle were below us before kick off so thats how it doesnt make sense " - They've played 1 game more, but the notion is nonsense regardless.

" Arsenal were so good Palace smashed them a week later " - And we've beat Palace and drawn with them this season, so obviously we are better than Arsenal, or Crystal Palace are shit. if we continue to use your logic 😂

At the end of the season, maybe Veira and Eddie Howe can argue to the League that Palace and Newcastle should get Arsenal's prize money and League placing because they beat them.

Edited by JAMAICAN-VILLAN

5 minutes ago, Zatman said:

Arsenal are out of form, when we played them they were not like this. The pressure has got to them and they have imploded

• Like 1

" No Newcastle were below us before kick off so thats how it doesnt make sense " - They've played 1 game more, but the notion is nonsense regardless.

" Arsenal were so good Palace smashed them a week later " - And we've beat Palace and drawn with them this season, so obviously we are better than Arsenal, or Crystal Palace are shit. if we continue to use your logic 😂

Teams will always beat each other back and forth.

An irritating sign however is that Newcastle managed to beat Arsenal tonight by showing a lot of heart and fight. It’s rare to see something similar from Villa.

Comparing players, most would say Villa have a better squad than Newcastle — ours is certainly more expensive.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

Arsenal are out of form, when we played them they were not like this. The pressure has got to them and they have imploded

They lost 3 in a row straight after playing us. Sick of the excuses made for our management team when we roll over to bigger teams

We had one shot on target in a midday Saturday game when Arsenal played at Anfield the Wednesday night and got the runaround by Liverpool

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Just now, VillaParkAvenue said:

Teams will always beat each other back and forth.

An irritating sign however is that Newcastle managed to beat Arsenal tonight by showing a lot of heart and fight. It’s rare to see something similar from Villa.

Comparing players, most would say Villa have a better squad than Newcastle — ours is certainly more expensive.

Why are so many people choosing to ignore the fact that Newcastle have been better than EVERY team outside the top 3 - 4 for a period now?

• Like 2

12 at the start of January. 14th now. Looking at the fixtures of teams around us, 14th is probably where we'll finish.

There's only a couple of points in it, but imagine that meeting with Purslow in late December. "So yeah, we'll sign Coutinho, Chambers, Digne. Great players. Really move us forward, and we'll only slip a couple of places in the league".

It's been a season to forget, that's for sure.

Why are so many people choosing to ignore the fact that Newcastle have been better than EVERY team outside the top 3 - 4 for a period now?

Don’t know, I’m not ignoring it. The interesting thing for me is how they became good (apart from signing Bruno G)

Just now, VillaParkAvenue said:

Don’t know, I’m not ignoring it. The interesting thing for me is how they became good (apart from signing Bruno G)

good coaching but apparently its pie in the sky for us to think our players could improve like Dan Burn, Matt Targett and Joelinton have

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Because why isn’t that us, we have a better squad and a better manager

but we have to wait until next season after a preseason and Gerrard get some more players I’m told.

Edited by nick76

They lost 3 in a row straight after playing us. Sick of the excuses made for our management team when we roll over to bigger teams

We had one shot on target in a midday Saturday game when Arsenal played at Anfield the Wednesday night and got the runaround by Liverpool

You just have  a strong dislike to gerrard. If he won 1-0 you would criticise him for nit wiing 2 or 3.

Like i said before that game they were in form.  We didnt play they before ir during those losses

1 minute ago, nick76 said:

Because why isn’t that us, we have a better squad and a better manager

Because we never addressed the dcm issue. Thats on smith gerrard ans the recruitment team. We all said in the summer what a collosal **** up that would be and we were proven right

Edited by Demitri_C

1 minute ago, Demitri_C said:

You just have  a strong dislike to gerrard. If he won 1-0 you would criticise him for nit wiing 2 or 3.

Like i said before that game they were in form.  We didnt play they before ir during those losses

but we didnt

I praised him for giving Liverpool a game last week so no I wouldnt

Just now, Demitri_C said:

Because we never addressed the dcm issue. Thats on snith gerrard ans thw recruitment team. We all said in the summer what a collosal **** up that would be and we were proven right

Why didn’t Gerrard buy one in January? Yes it’s harder but Newcastle brought Bruno.

Â