Weekends Football 12/13 February

andykeenan

1 minute ago, KAZZAM said:

I kinda agree however Leeds had a long rest just like we did. But I would argue that extra rest worked in Leeds favour massively as Biesla's murder ball takes its toll over the season. 

Yes they put in a massive shift against us and play less than 3 days later. everton had the extra day. I'm sure it makes a difference particularly with the way Bielsa plays. 

33 minutes ago, Mantis said:

- teams are inconsistent, especially mid-table teams like us.

No, we must be perfect every game and win. Otherwise every player we have is shit and needs replacing.asap.

Welcome to the world of the football fan in 2022. 

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Mantis said:

No, we're shit, worst team ever, just liquidate the club now.

:D Some people get 0% joy from supporting us - If I had a hobby that I despised the majority of the time, I would find another one. 

When you look at the situation we were in only 4 or 5 years ago to now... having genuine world class players on the pitch and being back in the big time. I'm grateful for that. 

Anyway, drifting way off topic here!

Edited by Xela
  • Like 3

we played Leeds after a long break so they were plenty rested and their entire gameplan is basically to run you stupid. they also had a very good game against us and that's a kudos to them as much as it is a slight against our defence. they pressed us a ton more than I'm seeing them press Everton in this game. the ref also allowed everything in our game against them which most definitely worked in their favor.

it's almost like sometimes teams have good days at the office and other times they don't? just like us too?

Edited by osmark86

18 minutes ago, Xela said:

Yet we beat Everton twice? 

Its almost as though football is unpredictable at times. 

you'd think the unpredictability is where the fun is at, but I guess some fans want predictable results. there's a team that plays in light blue for you if this is your cuppa.

• Like 1

I think people are (more or less) ok with drawing with an indifferent Leeds side. It’s throwing away a two goal advantage that’s the problem. If Villa had come from two goals behind and drawn it would be positive.

Anyway, my prediction of Watford being one of the likelier ones to stay up is looking good :detect:

Bournemouth and QPR (and Blackburn) seemingly can’t decide who wants to finish second. 

Â