Summer Transfer Window 2022

Loxstock92

13 minutes ago, Steero113 said:

Just waiting for the Inevitable @messi11 #welcomeSangare to really decimate the excitement on this one. 

Not sure why but I read that as "decimate the excrement".

🤨

Edit: I really need some transfer news. 

Edited by MrBlack
  • Haha 2

40 minutes ago, Tomaszk said:

Yep. Smith expected to win every game with Grealish just gone and replacement signings injured...yet Gerrard must be given hundreds of millions in fees and tens of millions in wage funds to make us look like a football team.

Expenditure has gone up so expectations go up for me. 55 points bare minimum this season.

Are u aware that other club's expenditure also goes up? Would it not me more sensible to compare our expenditure against other clubs and then look to see if we improve. If we spend 10m and the clubs around us all spend 50m do you think we should improve? I think an arbitrary  assertion that if we increase spend it should mean a rise in league table position is just missing the bigger picture a little.

46 minutes ago, OLDVILLAIN said:

If you are referring to me Mr 24 posts from Galway..Trust me you never want to make up shit on VT , after all these years on here you get ridiculed and called all the names going.(villalad syndrome😝) and to be fair who wants that constant abuse.

I rarely post about incomings and i am certainly not "making up bullshit rumours" as you call it..then you might know that if you were here for more than a wet minute.

He is still feeling sorry for himself for losing to Kerry in the final last week 🤣

6 minutes ago, Peter Griffin said:

Are u aware that other club's expenditure also goes up? Would it not me more sensible to compare our expenditure against other clubs and then look to see if we improve. If we spend 10m and the clubs around us all spend 50m do you think we should improve? I think an arbitrary  assertion that if we increase spend it should mean a rise in league table position is just missing the bigger picture a little.

We should improve yes because we underperformed last season. If we'd done well last year and got 7th, I wouldn't say we should improve on 7th. We should improve on 14th.

I'd like at least 55 points and to look like we can play football. And for the manager to stop playing stupid formation and players out of form because he's their mate.

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, OLDVILLAIN said:

If you are referring to me Mr 24 posts from Galway..Trust me you never want to make up shit on VT , after all these years on here you get ridiculed and called all the names going.(villalad syndrome😝) and to be fair who wants that constant abuse.

I rarely post about incomings and i am certainly not "making up bullshit rumours" as you call it..then you might know that if you were here for more than a wet minute.

Not in general! Just the usual wannabes. Oh and sorry for not posting enough for you but at least I live in the knowledge that having been born and bred in Birmingham. I retired away to Ireland, content with having actually been present at Highbury, Rotterdam and Wembley to physically witness our greatest day’s. I’ll leave wet weekend’s to the judgemental keyboard warriors.

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Tomaszk said:

We should improve yes because we underperformed last season. If we'd done well last year and got 7th, I wouldn't say we should improve on 7th. We should improve on 14th.

I'd like at least 55 points and to look like we can play football. And for the manager to stop playing stupid formation and players out of form because he's their mate.

Okay, so we should improve this year, this I agree with. But u now believe it is because we under performed last year and not because of our spend, that make sense.

Getting 7th last year was not an option with our squad regardless who our manager was. We were fragile in defence, very weak in midfield and our strikers are not prolific enough. On top of that we changed manager mid season so 7th is just complete nonsense. I too would like us to get 55+ points and I think we have a shout at that. But attributing spend to league improvement is really a little silly when the quality of our manager is your issue. 

7 minutes ago, Galway Lion said:

Not in general! Just the usual wannabes. Oh and sorry for not posting enough for you but at least I live in the knowledge that having been born and bred in Birmingham. I retired away to Ireland, content with having actually been present at Highbury, Rotterdam and Wembley to physically witness our greatest day’s. I’ll leave wet weekend’s to the judgemental keyboard warriors.

But OldVillan is not a keyboard warrior and in fairness you were not to know this as you are a new poster to VT. Just take in on the chin and move on and don't try to justify it

Edited by Peter Griffin

45 minutes ago, Steero113 said:

Just waiting for the Inevitable @messi11 #welcomeSangare to really decimate the excitement on this one. 

Sadly he's not coming :( Global recession and new north end costs means Villa will not be making any signings until Ashley Young turns 42 and retires 

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, messi11 said:

Sadly he's not coming :( Global recession and new north end costs means Villa will not be making any signings until Ashley Young turns 42 and retires 

Bloody hell, so it really is happening. Well done OldVillan :)

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Peter Griffin said:

Bloody hell, so it really is happening. Well done OldVillan :)

He's not the midiflder we need now we've got Kamara. Need a number 8 who can pass the ball and control a game. 

• Like 1

Just now, messi11 said:

He's not the midiflder we need now we've got Kamara. Need a number 8 who can pass the ball and control a game. 

Sangare can play both 6 and 8 and we need someone like this to cover for Kamara if he gets injured imo

• Like 1

9 hours ago, RicRic said:

The competition for kamara is iroegbunam and nakamba, we need competition for mcginn and ramsey , they cannot start regularly for us to move forward.

I'd disagree, I think Iroegbunam and Nakamba are the competition for Doug and Kamara - I think Ramsey is the competition for McGinn. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Peter Griffin said:

Sangare can play both 6 and 8 and we need someone like this to cover for Kamara if he gets injured imo

We have Luiz, Nakamba, Mcginn, Sanson and Tim. All played the number 6 role at somepoint last season. Do we really need a 6th player to cover?

Just now, messi11 said:

We have Luiz, Nakamba, Mcginn, Sanson and Tim. All played the number 6 role at somepoint last season. Do we really need a 6th player to cover?

Luiz, Nakamba, McGinn and Sanson are not good enough as a 6. If we lose Kamara that would put us back to last year's frailties. Tim is the man in waiting as the 6 but he doesn't have enough experience to be relied upon if Kamara is out. He may be able to do the job but I would not like to have to rely on him to step up to the mark in order for us to have a shot at 7th

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, Peter Griffin said:

Okay, so we should improve this year, this I agree with. But u now believe it is because we under performed last year and not because of our spend, that make sense.

Getting 7th last year was not an option with our squad regardless who our manager was. We were fragile in defence, very weak in midfield and our strikers are not prolific enough. On top of that we changed manager mid season so 7th is just complete nonsense. I too would like us to get 55+ points and I think we have a shout at that. But attributing spend to league improvement is really a little silly when the quality of our manager is your issue. 

Until we get 60 points plus year after year I won't be happy as that is us mixing it with the top clubs again.

• Like 2