Formula One - 2022

BOF

3 minutes ago, Genie said:

Apparently Max Verstappen’s mum tweeted that Sergio Perez cheated on his wife, then deleted it.

The Red Bull Christmas party should be fun.

Vodka and Red Bulls all round, and I'd say a LOT of bitters get used in the cocktails.

• Haha 1

17 hours ago, Genie said:

Apparently Max Verstappen’s mum tweeted that Sergio Perez cheated on his wife, then deleted it.

The Red Bull Christmas party should be fun.

I think that last race has really tipped Max over the edge in a lot of people's minds. Doing that to Checo has pissed a lot of people off.

We all knew he was a word removed anyway, but don't mess with Checo!

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Farlz said:
I don’t think Mick has been particularly good but what a really, really shit replacement. 

I disagree, but we'll find out soon enough. I don't think Schumacher showed much at all, and I think Hulkenberg will be much closer to Magnussen's level and regularly at it too, which was another compaint of Schuey. His peaks were very few.  There was also the thought that because Schumacher was so comparitively weak, Magnussen could afford to drive down to his level on occasion. The F1 equivalent of a footballer knowing he's always in the first 11.  If you get another driver on Magnussen's level then Haas are challenging for 6th in the WCC. That's £20m.

5 hours ago, DCJonah said:

Wow the Redbull statement regarding Brazil is unreal.

Max saying he has his reasons, but doesn’t say what they were. Max also saying he was only told to give the place back at the last corner but the tv coverage confirms he was originally asked at turn 4.

Red Bull saying a load of things which contradict other things said by the team or the drivers.

It looks like Horner has lost control of the drivers.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Genie said:

Max saying he has his reasons, but doesn’t say what they were. Max also saying he was only told to give the place back at the last corner but the tv coverage confirms he was originally asked at turn 4.

Red Bull saying a load of things which contradict other things said by the team or the drivers.

It looks like Horner has lost control of the drivers.

Its just the lack for disrespect for everyone's intelligence. 

We all heard what was said. 

Just now, DCJonah said:

Its just the lack for disrespect for everyone's intelligence. 

We all heard what was said. 

Their statement has guaranteed the story will run into this race weekend where it would have blown over if they’d played it better (not insulted people’s intelligence).

17 minutes ago, Genie said:

A nice group photo of the class of 22

C8-F71321-D56-E-46-A0-A1-FA-AD505-B97-E6

George Russel surprisingly tall.

Bottas looks like an opportunistic hotel guest photobomber.

• Haha 2

Just now, villa89 said:

Perez deliberately crashing during qualifying in Monaco was the reason. Max obviously has not forgiven him. 

Seems that way, will the FIA look into it? 

It’s another page in the Red Bull cheating their way to trophies book.

Just now, villa89 said:

Perez deliberately crashing during qualifying in Monaco was the reason. Max obviously has not forgiven him. 

We are assuming that's the reason. And the reason we are assuming it is because if it became proven fact then Checo would be in fairly big trouble with the FIA. That may be why Max won't give his reasons either. So there's the other possible tangled web. That Max in a roundabout way might be protecting his team mate :lol: See what I mean about nailing colours and tying knots :P

33 minutes ago, BOF said:

We are assuming that's the reason. And the reason we are assuming it is because if it became proven fact then Checo would be in fairly big trouble with the FIA. That may be why Max won't give his reasons either. So there's the other possible tangled web. That Max in a roundabout way might be protecting his team mate :lol: See what I mean about nailing colours and tying knots :P

By protecting him he’s let the world know that he has dirt on him. 

He’s giving with one hand and taking with the other :lol: 

1 minute ago, Genie said:

By protecting him he’s let the world know that he has dirt on him. 

He’s giving with one hand and taking with the other :lol: 

Ah but we 'know' nothing. It's all speculation on internet forums. Which is why the FIA have done nothing either. 

Even if it is some sort of revenge for Monaco, it is the most petty minded, pathetic form of revenge. Max won last year, he won this year, he is on the top and by some distance and he still feels the need to settle the score? Even if Perez did crash deliberately,  he has been doing a solid team job helping Max win on countless occasions. Apparently all the good things count for nothing if there is a single bit of red in the ledger.

I hoped we had seen Max grow up a little bit this year, but petty stuff like this just confirms what an asshole he really is. It is all but impossible to enjoy watching him win even when watching him be quite brilliant.

• Like 2