Rds1983

If you subscribe to the wordle games - I did a couple of weeks ago for Β£19 quid for a year - you get the NYT and Athletic, too and also a bunch of other games. I've got quite addicted to them, particularly the spelling bee one, just a kind of anagram thingy. Completed it for the first time just now - got every possible word available. Quite chuffed with m'self.

Β 

https://www.nytimes.com/badges/games/v1/bee.html?d=2023-09-28&l=ighnpuw&p=209&r=Queen Bee&c=bb4ee8aff3b40286ec39db07c4f7464d&smid=url-sharespelling-bee-queen-bee-2023-09-28.png

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, blandy said:

If you subscribe to the wordle games - I did a couple of weeks ago for Β£19 quid for a year - you get the NYT and Athletic, too and also a bunch of other games. I've got quite addicted to them, particularly the spelling bee one, just a kind of anagram thingy. Completed it for the first time just now - got every possible word available. Quite chuffed with m'self.

Β 

https://www.nytimes.com/badges/games/v1/bee.html?d=2023-09-28&l=ighnpuw&p=209&r=Queen Bee&c=bb4ee8aff3b40286ec39db07c4f7464d&smid=url-sharespelling-bee-queen-bee-2023-09-28.png

Yeah I played that a bit when I had the gratis 4 months of NYT games that ran out the other week. I just discovered it took up too much of my day :DΒ 

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, blandy said:

Β 

Congratulations, Queen Blandy!Β  Β I've been playing this almost daily for several years and it took me a couple of years to get them all.Β  Β I just didn't have time to keep going for the last couple of words.Β  Β It's a fun diversion when I need a short break during the day.Β  Β I generally stop when I hit Genius level and it doesn't become too much of a time sink.

Another one that I've just started doing on the NYT puzzle page is Connections.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, il_serpente said:

Congratulations, Queen Blandy!Β  Β I've been playing this almost daily for several years and it took me a couple of years to get them all.Β  Β I just didn't have time to keep going for the last couple of words.Β  Β It's a fun diversion when I need a short break during the day.Β  Β I generally stop when I hit Genius level and it doesn't become too much of a time sink.

Another one that I've just started doing on the NYT puzzle page is Connections.

Ta. Yeah, I do all of them apart from sudoku. I’m definitely best at the spelling one and the letter boxed one. The one with the patterns is too easy, sudoku I have never played ever, anywhere on principle and the rest are kind of mildly diverting while having morning coffee. I do wordle first, then spelling bee, then the others if there’s time or coffee left.

22 minutes ago, blandy said:

Ta. Yeah, I do all of them apart from sudoku. I’m definitely best at the spelling one and the letter boxed one. The one with the patterns is too easy, sudoku I have never played ever, anywhere on principle and the rest are kind of mildly diverting while having morning coffee. I do wordle first, then spelling bee, then the others if there’s time or coffee left.

I like Spelling Bee too, i play it sometimes until it throws me out at around 35 points as I don't have the subscription. Quite tempted to buy it.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, blandy said:

Β 

Yeah, I subscribe to that too, it's great.

I don't tend to do the vertex one or the tile mosaic one, but the crosswords (Monday ones when I'm tired and feeling thick), Bee, and the fairly new box one are the favourites.

• Like 1

Γ—
Γ—
Γ‚