Giants News

kkr

Yes! I voted the Giants at every position though, i figure thats what Dallas fans did last year to get their whole roster to the Pro Bowl!

Pro Bowl votes only count if you are voting from within the U.S of A. So unless your are voting from a US IP address your vote won't count IIRC.

EAST RUTHERFORD, NJ - Cornerback Aaron Ross has been named the NFC Defensive Player of the Week for his performance in the Giants’ 30-10 victory last Sunday over the Baltimore Ravens.

Ross tied with Antonio Pierce for a team-high six solo tackles, including one for a loss, and intercepted two passes, the second of which he returned 50 yards for his second career touchdown. It was the second two-interception game of his career. He had two picks vs. the Jets on Oct. 7, 2007, including a 43-yard touchdown.

This is Ross’ first Player of the Week award. He is the first Giants player to win the Defensive Player of the Week award since Osi Umenyiora in Week 7 of the 2007 season. Umenyiora also won it in Week 3 last year. Prior to that, another end, Michael Strahan, had captured the Giants’ previous four Defensive Player of the Week awards. Ross is the first Giants defensive back to be honored in 10 years. Safety Percy Ellsworth was cited in Week 16 of the 1998 season vs. Kansas City. Ross is the first Giants cornerback to win the award since Phillippi Sparks in Week 12 in 1998 vs. Philadelphia.

Ross, the Giants’ first-round draft choice in 2007 from the University of Texas, is the third Giants player to be honored this season. Kicker John Carney was the NFC Special Teams Player of the Week in Week 3, and Chase Blackburn won the same award last week.

Ross NFC Defensive player of the week!

The results aren't in yet on NFL.com for the GMC defensive player of the week so he could win the overall award still.

Jacobs is inactive for the Cards game which is well lame. Hopefully Ward and Bradshaw can get it done though and behind our O-line im sure they can. It wouldn't surprise me if we see Danny Ware in there today also as he is a bruiser back also, either that or Drougnes used in short yardage also.

For this week -

NFC East

N.Y. Giants can clinch the NFC East Division title with EITHER:

* a win OR

* a tie and a Dallas loss or tie OR

* a Dallas loss

N.Y. Giants can clinch a first-round playoff bye with EITHER:

* a win OR

* a tie and a Dallas loss or tie OR

* a Dallas loss and a Minnesota loss or tie and a Arizona loss or tie

N.Y. Giants can clinch a playoff berth with:

* a tie and EITHER:

o a Atlanta loss

o a Atlanta tie and a Tampa Bay loss

Plax went to NYPD Monday and then to court, posted $100,000 bail and will not be back there until next year, March or May time i think.

He had to report to Giants stadium today and there are rumours that we will be placing him on non football related IR which will end his season and mean that we don't have to pay him, although its all speculation still.

Giants suspend Burress, officially ending season

The Giants placed wide receiver Plaxico Burress on the reserve/non-football injury list on Tuesday, officially ending his season. The team also fined Burress and suspended him for four games for conduct detrimental to the team for multiple and repeated violations of club rules.

Burress met individually today with Giants president John Mara, general manager Jerry Reese and head coach Tom Coughlin, according to a release from the team.

“As we have said since Saturday morning, our concern is for Plaxico’s health and well-being,” Mara said. “This is an important time for him to take care of his body and heal up and also deal with the very serious legal consequences and other issues in his life. When I spoke with Plaxico he expressed great remorse for letting down his teammates.”

“The decision we made today regarding Plaxico’s roster status was based on the examination of Plaxico by our team physician,” Reese said. “Dr. Rodeo believes Plaxico would be out at least four to six weeks with the gunshot wound. I had two conversations with Plaxico today, and it was obvious that he understood the magnitude of this situation. He knows that we are here to support him and help him get healthy.”

link

A sad state of affairs, how he could go from hero to zero in under a year only he will know but he is his own worst enemy. The break from football might give him some time to think a whole lotta things over, he needs some sort of counselling because his mind clearly isn't right.

Im sad that it has come to this but if there is any way back for Plax and with the way things have gone for him this year then he might have reached his all time low before working his way back to top and it is probably for the best.

Will he be back with the Giants, somehow i don't think so, especially if convicted but i hope he just gets his shit together and grows up, for the good of his family more than anything.

Part of me wants him gone, part of me wants him to come back. I just hope he gets better and then maybe we can see more of this-

34842824.jpg

With all due respect, **** him. The Broncos lost Darrent Williams on New Years Day to gun crime so I have absolutely no sympathy for what is a completely self-inflicted (literally) situation / injury.

That is true BOF and i agree. However, the reason why he had it though was because our leading receiver this year Steve Smith was robbed at gun point outside his home last week so that obviously influenced his decision to go out "packing heat" without a license.

Obviously that was a stupid mistake and might ultimately cost him his career but it is just typical Plax in that he has a habit of putting his foot in it. He has gone from hero to zero in less than a year and something isn't quite right in his head, he has some sort of personal issues because going from fighting through the pain and being a warrior last year to being a clown this year, skipping meetings, being fined, being benched multiple times and now this just shows that he isn't of sound mind.

He is just a very stupid man that needs guidance and counselling because i still think there is something worth salvaging there and i mean as a person not a WR.

With all due respect, **** him. The Broncos lost Darrent Williams on New Years Day to gun crime so I have absolutely no sympathy for what is a completely self-inflicted (literally) situation / injury.

To be honest, I think the Darrent Williams situation is probably a reason why he had the gun in the first place. I wouldn't be surprised if most of them carry weapons around, as the Sean Taylor incident shows, you're not even safe in your own home.

Â