Giants News

kkr

You don't do one without knowing a good bit about the other though L10. Afterall, to stop the offence you must have a fair idea how it works in the first place and he would have specific offensive experts there too so in that sense he could do what he knows best first, have his offensive guys doing the bulk of offensive work and be learning the final bits that he needs. He is young, he is not going to be a guaranteed success (tbf, no-one is), but what he has shown is that he is more than capable of doing what he has been asked to do up to this point in his career so in that sense there is no proof that he couldn't do the job at hand, until someone gives him a try - which they will and soon.

We know Steve is good with defensive side. But how good is he for offence side. What did Steve do apart from buliding a wonderful Giant Defence and win superbowl. How long do Tom got left on his contract ?

Coughlin has another 3 years left i believe as he signed a 4 year deal of $20m plus after last seasons Super Bowl triumph.

Agree with what BOF said with regards to his Offensive knowledge also, they know what the offense does because they scheme to stop what they do so he will have plenty of knowledge.

Defensive coordinator Steve Spagnuolo has had three or four interviews to date for vacant head coaching positions, and while it looks almost a foregone conclusion that the Giants will lose him once their playoff status is terminated, there is a rumor circulating that he might be offered another new (and more lucrative) contract as well as a title—“Head Coach in Waiting”—which clearly signifies intent on the part of the team. Coughlin is 62 and has three years to go on his contract.

link

More $$$ and that position/guarantee of replacing Coughlin when he retires or after his contract ends might be enough to keep him here. I hope!

i don't see how they can this year either seeing as they cant directly influence the game.

Umm, taking the piss before the game does come back to bite you on the ass if you lose the game ... it's the law.

Â