Kick Off Moved, Quelle Surpreeze

rjw63

Excellent news for all you travelling Villans.

This is now on MONDAY night January 10 at 7.55pm.

naturally, live on BBC so everyone can see the usual outcome :bang:

16 minutes ago, rjw63 said:

Excellent news for all you travelling Villans.

This is now on MONDAY night January 10 at 7.55pm.

naturally, live on BBC so everyone can see the usual outcome :bang:

Disgraceful tbf but not surprising. Was going to try and go to this with my lad but no chance now.

Edited by Rugeley Villa
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, turvontour said:

Exactly the same for me.

Can still see us taking a big following but it’s a kick in the teeth for many.  One of the reasons why  I gave up my season ticket. Too many games moved to stupid kick off times on stupid days 

3,000 allocation are Villa taking the p**s I know its a week night match now but we could easily shift 4-5,000 tickets. We used to take that for generic midweek championship games  like Reading. Feels like we have given up already. 

Personally I would have asked for the maximum allocation and put on free coaches. In fairness to Lerner he did that a few times.

Think the problem is if we took the full allocation which is the upper tier behind the goal, any unsold we would have to pay for, where as United will sell them regardless. Im sure we will sell the 3000, and for a Monday night I think that’s decent for a game on BBC 1. 

10 minutes ago, S-Platt said:

Apparently we wanted more but they said £45 a ticket we said £30 so they said normal allocation then. 

Yeah because those extra seats we now won’t have , they will sell them to United fans for £45+

12 minutes ago, avfc456 said:

Think the problem is if we took the full allocation which is the upper tier behind the goal, any unsold we would have to pay for, where as United will sell them regardless. Im sure we will sell the 3000, and for a Monday night I think that’s decent for a game on BBC 1. 

It’s not bad but clubs like West Ham would be taking 6-8k. Infact they already have this season for a cup game. It’s not bad like you say, but it’s nowt to do with the fans anyway, because it’s the clubs decision . Not sure how many we’d shift at £45 but our away support is on another level nowadays .

• 3 weeks later...

I believe the last train back to Brum is 10pm so if you are going you will probably need to drive.  It feels like we have put the white flag up for this one already with the 3,000 allocation. If this was at Villa Park United would have got the whole North Stand without a question and probably at £30 a pop.

15 hours ago, The Fun Factory said:

I believe the last train back to Brum is 10pm so if you are going you will probably need to drive.  It feels like we have put the white flag up for this one already with the 3,000 allocation. If this was at Villa Park United would have got the whole North Stand without a question and probably at £30 a pop.

Doug Ellis was absolutely terrible for doing this. I remember a United game at VP where the away fans had been given the away end and the whole of the Witton to boot! Just, why? Why have we been this self-defeating over the years?

1 hour ago, AvonVillain said:

Doug Ellis was absolutely terrible for doing this. I remember a United game at VP where the away fans had been given the away end and the whole of the Witton to boot! Just, why? Why have we been this self-defeating over the years?

Because generally we have had a ground we couldn't fill

Ffs I'm going away for a long weekend to tenerife with wife and her mate and husband... whose a huge man utd fan ( naturally, born and bred in devon).

We go Friday and come back Tues, why couldn't it have been a Tuesday night ? 

Luckily it's all inclusive so will be too hammered to care.

Â