Increasing Club Revenue

hippo

44 minutes ago, thabucks said:

When you compare to the US sports markets Vs the global reach of the Premier League it really is way behind and under tapped in terms of commercial deals. Too long has it been just about TV revenue deals.

I’d be up for a Ground sponsor as long it had Villa Park in the Name - Allianz Villa Park for instance. Or even just stand by stand. Think of the sheer volume of traffic which drives past on the M6 and the view of the Trinity Rd stand - or the Aston Express Way. Like it or not it’s the way forwards. 

Can one of Wes Edens' companies sponsor the ground? "Fortress Villa Park"?

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, punkymonkey666 said:

Can one of Wes Edens' companies sponsor the ground? "Fortress Villa Park"?

That would be the dream … £20 mill a season would be fair given the stature and rich history of the stadium… won’t happen but let me dream. 

Or failing that always said it should be The North Face North Stand. Shudders - The Hilton Hotels Holte End. Or the Coca Cola Holte End Trinity Corner with a giant Coke bottle like Oracle  Park in San Francisco 🫣 

Edited by thabucks
  • Haha 1

9 hours ago, ender4 said:

Shirt sponsorships for new season:

Front + Sleeve = Total

Man City - 50+20 = £70m

Man Utd - 47+20 = £67m

Liverpool - 50+12 = £62m

Spurs - 40+10 = £50m

Chelsea - 40+ n/a = £40m (£50m expected)

Newcastle - 25+8 = £33m

Everton - 18+2 = £20m

West Ham - 10+1 = £11m

Fulham - 10+1 = £11m

VILLA - 8+2 = £10m

Crazy how far behind we are, haven’t even caught West Ham or Everton yet. 

Thats probably why we went for thw gambling site. People want us to spend money but if we got cruddy sponsorships how we going to spend?

• Like 1

9 hours ago, ender4 said:

Front + Sleeve = Total

Man City - 50+20 = £70m

Man Utd - 47+20 = £67m

Liverpool - 50+12 = £62m

Spurs - 40+10 = £50m

Newcastle - 25+8 = £33m

Everton - 18+2 = £20m

West Ham - 10+1 = £11m

Fulham - 10+1 = £11m

VILLA - 8+2 = £10m

Where are those numbers from?

9 hours ago, thabucks said:

When you compare to the US sports markets Vs the global reach of the Premier League it really is way behind and under tapped in terms of commercial deals. Too long has it been just about TV revenue deals.

I’d be up for a Ground sponsor as long it had Villa Park in the Name - Allianz Villa Park for instance. Or even just stand by stand. Think of the sheer volume of traffic which drives past on the M6 and the view of the Trinity Rd stand - or the Aston Express Way. Like it or not it’s the way forwards. 

agree, I think Heck should be targeting more partners, even if its for less money, we make the difference up by having 10 partners at £1m each, I also think he should be looking at what spurs have kind of done and have regional partners, wouldn't be surprised to see an Official Aston Villa North American Car Rental Partner* which gives us the option to go and get a European or Asian one later

I also don't care about the name of the stadium or any of the stands, the club and then the TV commentators can call Villa Park whatever they want it will always be Villa Park, it will always be the Holte End, Heck gets us £20m for the Cap'n Crunch Stand and it will still be called the North Stand

* this game is absolutely in the gutter with that bullshit

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

agree, I think Heck should be targeting more partners, even if its for less money, we make the difference up by having 10 partners at £1m each, I also think he should be looking at what spurs have kind of done and have regional partners, wouldn't be surprised to see an Official Aston Villa North American Car Rental Partner* which gives us the option to go and get a European or Asian one later

I also don't care about the name of the stadium or any of the stands, the club and then the TV commentators can call Villa Park whatever they want it will always be Villa Park, it will always be the Holte End, Heck gets us £20m for the Cap'n Crunch Stand and it will still be called the North Stand

* this game is absolutely in the gutter with that bullshit

You say that but if ut was called mcdonalds Park fans will be furious

I dont have a issue with renaming stands but i think stadium should stay as villa park

8 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

I dont have a issue with renaming stands but i think stadium should stay as villa park

utd have a ridiculous amount of money to spend each summer because they have things like red wine, sunglasses, Nigerian fruit juice partners, bed & pillow, Japanese diesel tractor engine partners

we don't 

we aren't getting a shirt deal anywhere near the value of the sky 6 - and the disparity is going to get worse not better (that list of sponsorships didn't include spurs negotiating a new £16m sleeve sponsor)

we don't like the ticket prices going up or the new corporate section of villa park

at some point something has to give if you want villa to spend enough to be competitive 

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

if it means my season ticket doesnt go up by 20% next year, they can call it what they want. Ill still call it Villa Park

• Like 2

46 minutes ago, cheltenham_villa said:

if it means my season ticket doesnt go up by 20% next year, they can call it what they want. Ill still call it Villa Park

Wont be enough. Ticket prices will still need to be looked at. 20% in one season though is steep.

But as long as fans still pay it they will put the prices up. They know if you dont renew foe example they have a shit load of other people on WL that will snap it up from you. Its kind of like @villa4europe is alluding to

1 hour ago, Demitri_C said:

Wont be enough. Ticket prices will still need to be looked at. 20% in one season though is steep.

But as long as fans still pay it they will put the prices up. They know if you dont renew foe example they have a shit load of other people on WL that will snap it up from you. Its kind of like @villa4europe is alluding to

i know, im clearly a little facetious, clearly we have a big push to drive up revenue, the club will be comparing us with the money Brighton are generating on player sales, the money spurs are generating from their stadium and we are lagging a long way behind.

Raising ticket prices and player sales will continue to be drivers im sure, at the same time, it doesnt make sense to me to that we would turn down something easy like a stadium sponsor. I cant stand the logo on our home shirt, but its become a widely accepted thing. A name in front of villa park is money for nothing as far as im concerned.  

Wouldn’t be surprised as it makes sense  someone like Brewdog or Beavertown taking on the sponsorship of the warehouse & Holte Hotel.  Also can envisage the new lounges being sponsored like in the states so you could have the Coca Cola halfway line club, or the Budweiser North Stand lounge. 02 Terrace View … Maybe even the 3 levels of the trinity corporate lounges becoming say the BA tower club… The sheer volume of viewers worldwide of the premier league and the American influx of ownership means it is inevitable imo, as i says yesterday it’s an untapped market. 

13 minutes ago, cheltenham_villa said:

i know, im clearly a little facetious, clearly we have a big push to drive up revenue, the club will be comparing us with the money Brighton are generating on player sales, the money spurs are generating from their stadium and we are lagging a long way behind.

Raising ticket prices and player sales will continue to be drivers im sure, at the same time, it doesnt make sense to me to that we would turn down something easy like a stadium sponsor. I cant stand the logo on our home shirt, but its become a widely accepted thing. A name in front of villa park is money for nothing as far as im concerned.  

The reality is if we dont do things like this the only other revenue as you rightly said is player sales the better ones. We wont get anywhere doing that. So id rather pay abit more money if it means bringing success to the club!

On 14/08/2023 at 22:40, ender4 said:

Front + Sleeve = Total

Man City - 50+20 = £70m

Man Utd - 47+20 = £67m

Liverpool - 50+12 = £62m

Spurs - 40+10 = £50m

Newcastle - 25+8 = £33m

Everton - 18+2 = £20m

West Ham - 10+1 = £11m

Fulham - 10+1 = £11m

VILLA - 8+2 = £10m

You mean we traded on our morals for a mediocre level of sponsorship money? Why are we behind Fulham for Mcgrath's sake?

6 minutes ago, The Fun Factory said:

You mean we traded on our morals for a mediocre level of sponsorship money? Why are we behind Fulham for Mcgrath's sake?

Maybe being based in London? Apparently it's their highest ever record sponsorship and includes 'stadium presence' whatever that means.

Maybe they are better negotiators or have better links to betting companies lol.

27 minutes ago, ender4 said:

Maybe being based in London? Apparently it's their highest ever record sponsorship and includes 'stadium presence' whatever that means.

Maybe they are better negotiators or have better links to betting companies lol.

Could be these figures are wrong.....

4 minutes ago, andycv said:

Could be these figures are wrong.....

That is also a good point. Most of these deals are undisclosed so articles get written with journalists speculating on £££'s. Then that becomes gospel as people google that article and others use the same figure in their commentary.   

However Fulham did make a big splash about it being their record £ deal, whereas Villa just slipped in our new sponsor with no fanfare and almost as an embarrassed side note. 

14 hours ago, ender4 said:

That is also a good point. Most of these deals are undisclosed so articles get written with journalists speculating on £££'s. Then that becomes gospel as people google that article and others use the same figure in their commentary.   

However Fulham did make a big splash about it being their record £ deal, whereas Villa just slipped in our new sponsor with no fanfare and almost as an embarrassed side note. 

I said earlier - I think that figure is what Cazoo were paying us.  I expect our low key launch was more to do to the reaction of the sponsorship than the amount.  I've seen it reported that this one is more than double what Cazoo were paying.

Â