Increasing Club Revenue

hippo

On 24/07/2023 at 20:15, DaveAV1 said:

As I said I’m not ITK just passing on what I heard 

Although since there have been quite a lot of changes in behind the scenes none football management then it could just ne a general widespread review of lots of things that possibly the new people want to do differently. 

I think there should be a LDN and maybe even Manchester tax and a more leeway for teams outside the M25 & M60  … We will never be able to compete with Spurs, Chelsea, Arsenal, WHU simply down to location and why should we be penalised due to locality ? It never happen but in order to compete we I’ll need to squeeze every last drop out of fans and still won’t come close to what they make per match… 

2 hours ago, thabucks said:

I think there should be a LDN and maybe even Manchester tax and a more leeway for teams outside the M25 & M60  … We will never be able to compete with Spurs, Chelsea, Arsenal, WHU simply down to location and why should we be penalised due to locality ? It never happen but in order to compete we I’ll need to squeeze every last drop out of fans and still won’t come close to what they make per match… 

That’s not really the problem because Birmingham is a much bigger city than Manchester and less local competition as well.  

The problem is FFP as a concept and also the glass ceiling - you can’t get higher revenues without being a top team, and you can’t be a top team until you have higher revenue. 

18 hours ago, DaveAV1 said:

I’ve heard from a pretty reliable source that I can’t/won’t name, I’m not claiming to be ITK so you can take or leave the following info as you like just passing it on, a number of issues, including the North Stand redevelopment, the badge (no not again!), sponsors etc are currently under review. 

I think that a good business will always be reviewing its revenue generators. Chris Heck is i think ripping up the previous thinking . Theres no way the round badge will stay based on how poor it does look as our prime brand. Better to cause some embarrassment early doors than go with something he doesnt believe in . Sponsors might be looked at but probably srcondary sponsors or adding others. 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, thabucks said:

There is a Manchester tax or at least penalty, it’s called living in Manchester. I’ve worked there on numerous occasions and what a lifeless dump. The most delusional bunch you could find anywhere if they think that place has got any merits at all. Third city they keep saying!😂😂😂😂😂😀No way that place puts London  or even Bristol or Stoke into 2nd!

• Haha 2

15 minutes ago, DaveAV1 said:

There is a Manchester tax or at least penalty, it’s called living in Manchester. I’ve worked there on numerous occasions and what a lifeless dump. The most delusional bunch you could find anywhere if they think that place has got any merits at all. Third city they keep saying!😂😂😂😂😂😀No way that place puts London  or even Bristol or Stoke into 2nd!

LOL

17 hours ago, DaveAV1 said:

Stoke- what Manchester could have been.

• Haha 2

42 minutes ago, lapal_fan said:

This has probably been answered, but does anyone know the £ amount the shirt sponsor (BK88 or whatever) is worth?

I'll be **** if I'm looking through 50 pages :) 

it's reportedly double what we were getting from Cazoo iirc

• 2 weeks later...

Just goes to show the marketing power of the established clubs… We’ve truly only got Martinez in reality presently whose a huge draw for blue chip companies as our name or players just don't have the global reach or appeal currently - step forwards Mr Heck & Monchi. 

Edited by thabucks

12 hours ago, OutByEaster? said:

It'll be interesting to see how two or three bad season affect them though.

(Looking at you Tottenham).

or whether 3 good season for us can help bridge some of that gap.

• Like 1

Haven't some teams in the past had one shirt sponsor for the Premier League and another different sponsor for Europe? 

Maybe that's a way for us to increase sponsorship revenue, as it stands we are being generally being paid for PL exposure not European exposure.

Â