Leon Bailey

PaulMcGrath_5

Ermmmm,

He's not in the squad for tonight game against Canada 🤔

Injured? 🤦🏿

EDIT: Apparently being rested, along with a few others. Not like we can qualify anyway.

Hope that's the extent of it.

Wonder if the club have input on his regime?

Edited by JAMAICAN-VILLAN
  • Like 2

5 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

My favourite part of the match, was when the obviously very knowledgeable American commentator, pointed out that he was currently, " playing very well at Bayern Leverkusen " 🤔

Yikes.  American 'soccer' commentators are cringe though.

13 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

My favourite part of the match, was when the obviously very knowledgeable American commentator, pointed out that he was currently, " playing very well at Bayern Leverkusen " 🤔

It's his accent, he said "played well at Bayern Leverkusen", did sound a bit like "playing" though

• Like 1

1 hour ago, CVByrne said:

It's his accent, he said "played well at Bayern Leverkusen", did sound a bit like "playing" though

If he had said it, he would have got it wrong three times in one sentence. Bailey isn’t playing much, it’s currently not going that well and he’s not at Leverkusen.

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, VillaChris said:

Would like him to start at Wolves but doubt it given he's played 24 hours later than all our other international players so will only be able to train on Friday.

Perhaps see him from the start v Spurs?

Yeah I'd like to see him up front with Watkins with Coutinho behind them. I feel the raw pace is always a threat against teams who are going to want to press us and attack. I feel we've lost that counter attacking threat we had last season under Deano. Only in the end to end game against Leeds did we see our threat with quick transitions. 

Our front 3 needs a Watkins and a Coutinho and that 3rd player who can play as a 10 or another forward so we can switch from 1 2 to 2 1. Buendia can't do this as he lacks pace and size for direct passes into the channels or up top

• Like 2

I would love to see a few Bailey starts.

Problem with these sub appearances when a player is still trying to prove himself at a new club, is that the anxiety to perform is much higher. Trying to cram quality into little cameos. A few starts will give him a proper chance and do him the world of good.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, CVByrne said:

I prefer my version, more entertaining and takes the piss out of Americans simultaneously...boooo!

Let me have this. lol

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, CVByrne said:

Yeah I'd like to see him up front with Watkins with Coutinho behind them. I feel the raw pace is always a threat against teams who are going to want to press us and attack. I feel we've lost that counter attacking threat we had last season under Deano. Only in the end to end game against Leeds did we see our threat with quick transitions. 

Our front 3 needs a Watkins and a Coutinho and that 3rd player who can play as a 10 or another forward so we can switch from 1 2 to 2 1. Buendia can't do this as he lacks pace and size for direct passes into the channels or up top

1 hour ago, Tom13 said:

I would love to see a few Bailey starts.

Problem with these sub appearances when a player is still trying to prove himself at a new club, is that the anxiety to perform is much higher. Trying to cram quality into little cameos. A few starts will give him a proper chance and do him the world of good.

I noted in the last game, against El Salvador, he actually played on the right of a middle 3 ( Technically 3 - 5 - 2 ) but he wasn't one of the " wingers " .

He seemed to have license to roam all over the middle right area.

Funnily enough, some fans say he played better in that game, than he did yesterday, when he was actually a winger in a 4 - 4 - 2.

I didn't actually watch the match though as it was way too late for me. Will try to watch it today though and see if i have any valuable feedback on his performance.

• Like 1

Anyone can tell that the lad has talent, he has been unlucky with injuries since we signed him. He looks spectacular on YouTube too, he’s our second most expensive player ever. I don’t want to put too much pressure on him, just give him time, ease him in *goes to watch him on YouTube* I watched it, he has such quick feet, he’s explosive and great end product. I can’t wait to see more of him in a Villa shirt 

Edited by sir_gary_cahill
  • Like 1

Â