Tammy Abraham

nick76

6 hours ago, sir_gary_cahill said:

My knowledge of foreign leagues isn’t what it used to be, there used to be programmes on our tv like Football Italia that I used to enjoy watching but there isn’t anymore sadly. Maybe my comment about him being 1 of the best young strikers in the world was a bit hyperbolic, I’ll rephrase it, he’s 1 of the best young strikers in the Premier League. I can’t understand for the life of me why a lot of fans of all clubs and media don’t rate him 

Oh man…Football Italia, those were the days…my favourite generation(s) of players… Baggio, Del Piero, Vieri, Zidane, Totti, Batistuta, Rui Costa, R9, Chiesa, Zola, Maldini, Nesta, Cannavaro, Thuram, Buffon, Fiore, Veron, Nedved, Mihajlovic… and later on Pirlo👌 and Kaka, and so many others. There just aren’t players and characters like that anymore… I was too young to see Maradona but what a sight that would have been! Italian football & players were my greatest love at the time 😆

Have you watched the BT Sport documentary on it? It’s a fun and humorous look back. James Richardson used to make me jealous when he used to sit down with a fabulous dessert and do the paper talk section 🤣 I’ve fallen out of love with football since that ended and when Villa were struggling and ended up getting dismally and embarrassingly relegated.

Our promotion reignited my love for Villa but I don’t watch much footy beyond them now or care for it anywhere near as much.

Back on topic, I don’t have a problem with Tammy, he’s a likeable kid and a good CF. I just think Ollie is far superior and offers so much more.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Laughable Chimp said:

Mate, the only reason Dwight Gayle has a great GPM is because of his fantastic goal record and the Championship and you know this. He has famously failed to replicate this at the PL level. If his GPM ratio at the PL level was good, plenty of people here would find him more appealing as well.

His goal record is like a goal every 160 minutes at prem level up until last season where it started falling off. But that's because he plays for Steve Bruce and he is old. 

19 minutes ago, MotoMkali said:

They aren't cherry picked. I acknowledged what he did well and what he did poorly which vastly outweighed the former. 

But aside from that he was an average player in the Championship who scored lots of goals. No he is a poor one in the prem who scores lots of goals. That is just who he is. 

So in your opinion he’s a crap player who scores lots of goals, well If that isn’t the definition of an oxymoron, nothing is.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, sir_gary_cahill said:

It gives us an option of playing 4-4-2 if the manager sees fit 

That won’t happen, Dean doesn’t stray from 4 defenders and 3 midfielders.

He’s been with us long enough for us to see that.

Barely any team plays with 2 strikers in the modern game, unless it’s with 5 defenders… and, again, Dean doesn’t employ a 5-3-2, 3-5-2 or 3-4-3 system. With 4 at the back, 2 man midfields leave you exposed and overpowered, those 2 players need to be absolutely world class for that to have any chance to succeed nowadays. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, MotoMkali said:

You can sya he is shit. All his stats are shit except scoring. Which fair enough but its not like he projects to be anything more than a poacher. Like he will be Darren bent. There is nothing wrong with Darren bent except spending 40 mil on him when you already have a better striker and you only play 1 upfront. 

He’s not shit, he’s just not as good as Watkins or offers as much. 

At the right fee and wages, he would be a real asset to the squad. But you don’t break your transfer record for such a player, that’s ludicrous and the main thing I take issue with.

You know, it doesn’t really help the thread when it’s been created by an obsessive fan 🤣 and you shit all over said player 😆

Best kept to calm and reasoned debate, making points eloquently/succinctly and backed up by evidence or even stats such as you do and are capable of. If you just keep saying he’s shit, people are going to get annoyed and it’s going to get derailed.

Somewhere in the middle of the extremes on here. I really liked / still like Tammy and appreciate what he did for us to get us to the Prem. I think he played well with Grealish and their link up play was great.

If we shift Wes and Davis he would be a massive upgrade on those 2 and offer something completely different to Watkins. 

As much as I like Watkins and I'm happy with him being our main striker going into next season again, having quality to compete with him and play in the kind of games where Watkins was ineffective would be a big improvement. There were games against the Newcastle's, Burnley's and Palace's of the league where I just wasn't confident Watkins could get us a goal to win it that I would expect Tammy to do better. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Jas10 said:

You know, it doesn’t really help the thread when it’s been created by an obsessive fan 🤣

Brad Pitt George GIF by Omaze

2 minutes ago, Jas10 said:

and you shit all over said player 😆

To be fair if I’m the obsessive fan then he’s the obsessive anti fan because he’s getting up there in number of comments obsessively anti Tammy and the fact he’s saying Tammy is shit comment after comment when whatever people think we know he’s not shit says everything.

36 minutes ago, WooJung said:

I'd rather we prioritise the spending elsewhere. With a bit more luck Ollie could've scored 20. Yes, we need a backup striker for him. No, we don't need a 40 million pound back up striker. And no, there is no guarantee that Ollie is a good enough left winger to start for us in the Premier league. Quite on the contrary, he made a name for himself as a centre forward. Prior to that he was a decent championship winger. Quite a difference. 

How about we spent 40 million on a defensive midfielder? 

madden GIF

2 minutes ago, nick76 said:

Brad Pitt George GIF by Omaze

To be fair if I’m the obsessive fan then he’s the obsessive anti fan because he’s getting up there in number of comments obsessively anti Tammy and the fact he’s saying Tammy is shit comment after comment when whatever people think we know he’s not shit says everything.

I honestly think this thread could do with a break if/until we place a bid for him. 
Everything’s been discussed to death and we’re ending up going round in circles.

Let’s just all chill, boy do we need a new or different link…

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

5 hours ago, sir_gary_cahill said:

Smith is very stubborn and set in his ways, he plays 1 up top but I think he has the potential to be a top manager in this league, in order to do this, he needs to be   more flexible. In my opinion, Watkins is a centre forward, not a winger, if there is an injury crisis, he can play there but only in emergencies. El Ghazi, Grealish and Traore are all easily good enough for The Premier League I think. Smith has been astute in the transfer market since he was appointed Villa manager I think, long may it continue 

That’s not always a bad thing, it shows conviction and belief. Other managers are lauded for it 🥱 

I agree with the rest of your comment.

Dean has shown a willingness to change it up in a game but maybe leaves it a little late… he’s learning too and is gracious enough to admit that. He’s earned the right to progress along with us/the club.

Class act in all honesty, happy to have such a manager with some integrity. Other, big name, managers have tended to piss me off with their annoying personalities and hypocrisy…

Dean is a breath of fresh air and he loves the club too. A nice bonus.

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, Laughable Chimp said:

Mate, the only reason Dwight Gayle has a great GPM is because of his fantastic goal record and the Championship and you know this. He has famously failed to replicate this at the PL level. If his GPM ratio at the PL level was good, plenty of people here would find him more appealing as well.

spacer.png

21 minutes ago, Jas10 said:

I honestly think this thread could do with a break if/until we place a bid for him. 
Everything’s been discussed to death and we’re ending up going round in circles.

Let’s just all chill, boy do we need a new or different link…

Nah I’m having too much fun

Happy The Goldbergs GIF by ABC Network

13 minutes ago, sidcow said:

This is the crux though.

Who is this mythical back up striker who only costs £15m who is actually going to come in and do the business when called upon? 

We're fairly likely to spend £15m on a striker who it turns out is no better than Wesley or Samatta or Davis. 

Striker is possibly the most important area of the team if you want to rise to the top.   We've currently only got one who is top quality.  I'd rather we had 2, not one plus one cheap gamble. 

This Up Here GIF by Chord Overstreet

1 hour ago, MotoMkali said:

They aren't cherry picked. I acknowledged what he did well and what he did poorly which vastly outweighed the former. 

But aside from that he was an average player in the Championship who scored lots of goals. No he is a poor one in the prem who scores lots of goals. That is just who he is. 

This is F'in laughable this comment.

Apart from Grealish he was our stand out player in the championship and by a mile, he was way to good for the league.

Tammy's all round game is pretty decent and when he was finally given minutes it was in a Chelsea side that to was struggling in the prem. The lad wasn't getting any stable minutes, here, there and in doses right? Have you ever thought that it were those at Chelsea who were playing him poorly or not playing to his strengths as well as not giving him decent game time. You can not look past how well he did forthe scraps he was given.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, sidcow said:

This is the crux though.

Who is this mythical back up striker who only costs £15m who is actually going to come in and do the business when called upon? 

We're fairly likely to spend £15m on a striker who it turns out is no better than Wesley or Samatta or Davis. 

Striker is possibly the most important area of the team if you want to rise to the top.   We've currently only got one who is top quality.  I'd rather we had 2, not one plus one cheap gamble. 

Revenge Of The Sith Episode 3 GIF by Star Wars

Â