AC/DC Vs Iron Maiden

pamparius

AC/DC Vs Iron Maiden  

44 members have voted

1. 1. AC/DC Vs Iron Maiden

• the groove kings
    • the spandex vikings

Wow, this is a hard call. Angus and the lads just did so much and groove is definitely the best word out there for them. But Maiden are just too epic to be beaten. Their latter day stuff is not quite there for me, but I just don't think there's a better stage set or gig than Live After Death. I weep as I vote for these are two of my fave bands, but smiley Dave Murray pushes me into the Maiden camp. Just. :notworthy:

Ah, this is a bit like the Rush/BOC poll, where I don't really give a stuff about either band. But of the two, I'd have to go with AC/DC. As long as it's the lineup WITHOUT the singer who sounded like his bollocks were caught in a mangle. I don't know whether that was Bon Scott or the bloke form Geordie. Brian summat?

Maiden were just a joke.

Next poll, please.

Maiden were just a joke.

how so?

I choose Maiden. Infact, I'm going to see them in July at Twickenham. Should be amazing.

Never gotten into AC/DC. Obviously I know the classic tracks - but everything else just seems kind of boring, IMO.

Maiden were just a joke.

how so?

I choose Maiden. Infact, I'm going to see them in July at Twickenham. Should be amazing.

he probably feels like me, that its panto metal. stupid stage sets, 'its behind you' style cat calls as Eddie lumbers around. grown men gurning and singing about mythical bollocks

spandex

pompous epics

spotty fans

etc etc

but i may be wrong :lol:

Maiden were just a joke.

how so?

he probably feels like me, that its panto metal. stupid stage sets, 'its behind you' style cat calls as Eddie lumbers around. grown men gurning and singing about mythical bollocks

spandex

pompous epics

spotty fans

etc etc

but i may be wrong :lol:

they don't wear that much spandex these days and they like to put on a show for their fans.

Anyway, how can you comment on Maiden looking stupid when DC have Angus Young, rolling around on the floor, in a school uniform?!

I'll just say I own every album with Bon Scott on vocals, and a few, maybe 3 or 4 with Brian, and I only have 2 maiden albums in total.

AC/DC for me!

Went for AC/DC - for Maiden I liked Piece of Mind when it came out, and some of Number of the Beast, but that's about it. Live and on the later stuff Bruce's waily vocals tend to do my head in. I like most of the Bon Scott stuff, plus Back in Black and For those About to Rock, so I have a winner! There's something more wholesome about a band that are often mistaken for their roadcrew over a band that look like they are dressed out of a barbie catalogue too.

Â