Should i shave?

Ryan.

Should i clean shave?  

46 members have voted

1. 1. Should i clean shave?

• Yes
    • No

I have a job interview next Tuesday and my problem is that i normally like a bit of a stubble so should i clean shave or not?

booi expecteed something more interestingu

sure shave off

snesation

'ladies like it more also :P

I don't think it's as black and white as everyone is making out.

Why not have the best of both worlds? Shave one side of your face, and leave stubble on the other.

If you get the feeling early in the interview that they much prefer one look over the other, turn that side of your face to the interview panel and speak out of the side of your mouth.

Always works for me.

I always have stubble but i shaved for my last job interview and did the top button up on my shirt which i really hate! I got the job. Now i have a beard and have at least one button undone on my shirt! :-)

Make the effort for the interview.

babout facial hair

rrr

like in scoring

its about confidence

beard or no beard

but no thats youve allready made thing about it just shave

or dont if its not you

if you do do it early allready now

but dont think about it

and really shave your balls too

that gives you something to smile about in the interviev

besides...

I got a job at the **** royal bank of scotland with a big beard going on :P it all depends who ur interviewer is, maybe they appreciate a good bit of facial hair........I would never shave off my beard, I loves it. Makes me feel like a viking warrior

But isn't this

riverqueen10.jpg

...the typical executive at RBS?

If I wasn't hired because I hadn't shaved then that's would be a good thing because I don't want to be working for someone that cares if I shave or not.

The thing is, they don't have a lifetime to get to know you. They need to decide who to employ based on quite a short period of time, and if both you and another guy have the same qualifications and experience, and he looks better presented, who would you hire? Could I not apply your argument to *any* appearance characteristic?

Well, I don't want to be working for someone who cares if I turn up in a suit, or a pair of jeans and a Villa shirt.

Well, I don't want to be working for someone who cares if I don't do my hair, can't be bothered to iron my uniform, and turn up eating my breakfast during the interview.

You've got just the interview to make an impression, use every possible advantage you can get, don't risk losing a job that you want because you get interviewed by someone who thinks stubble looks unprofessional!

Thanks for the advice (some of you!) the stubble will come off, for the interview anyway.

What i forgot to mention though, was i dont like to clean shave because it irritates my skin severely, i can use all the cooling balms under the sun, they just don't work for me. anyway i'll endure the suffering for the interview and hope i get the job!

..and for whoever asked the job is Refridgeration/Air Con installation and repair.

I have similar problem Ryan. When I shave my skin looks very healthy, but after about a day I get lots of bumps (small red spots with transparent fluid in them caused by the hairs irritating the skin) and after a couple of days I get hairs that are stuck in the follicle and cause the follicle to close and produce icky stuff to get rid of the hair. If I don't shave everything is as it should be.

If I wasn't hired because I hadn't shaved then that's would be a good thing because I don't want to be working for someone that cares if I shave or not.

The thing is, they don't have a lifetime to get to know you. They need to decide who to employ based on quite a short period of time, and if both you and another guy have the same qualifications and experience, and he looks better presented, who would you hire? Could I not apply your argument to *any* appearance characteristic?

Well, I don't want to be working for someone who cares if I turn up in a suit, or a pair of jeans and a Villa shirt.

Well, I don't want to be working for someone who cares if I don't do my hair, can't be bothered to iron my uniform, and turn up eating my breakfast during the interview.

You've got just the interview to make an impression, use every possible advantage you can get, don't risk losing a job that you want because you get interviewed by someone who thinks stubble looks unprofessional!

That's true of course. If you really want the job, it's best to be on the safe side.

Things like this annoys me, but I understand it. I don't want to be a part of it though. Get in line, sit down, stand up, shut up and cash your check.

I have similar problem Ryan. When I shave my skin looks very healthy, but after about a day I get lots of bumps (small red spots with transparent fluid in them caused by the hairs irritating the skin) and after a couple of days I get hairs that are stuck in the follicle and cause the follicle to close and produce icky stuff to get rid of the hair. If I don't shave everything is as it should be.

Then learn to shave properly and buy better products, as you obviously need it.

Shaving is not the same as putting on foam and shave it off with a razor, well it is, but then you get the problems mentioned above.

1) Take a shower

2) Scrub your face and throat

3) Put on gel (foam isn't as good), oil, both or whatever and let it wear for 3 minutes.

4) Then shave with the root's direction, and only one way as the doing it up and then down leaves a smooth result, but also grown-in hair which causes a mess the day after

(so a good shave is not the one where you can stroke up and down with your fingers and feel only smooth skin.... like I said, awesome at the time but pain tomorrow!)

5) When finished, and this is the most important step for many, rinse with cold water.... because when your skin it hot and your pores are open it is also irritated after shaving so bacteria can easily get in and cause acne, more irritation, red marks and burns etc...... cold water... alfa omega =)

Then learn to shave properly and buy better products, as you obviously need it.

Shaving is not the same as putting on foam and shave it off with a razor, well it is, but then you get the problems mentioned above.

1) Take a shower

2) Scrub your face and throat

3) Put on gel (foam isn't as good), oil, both or whatever and let it wear for 3 minutes.

4) Then shave with the root's direction, and only one way as the doing it up and then down leaves a smooth result, but also grown-in hair which causes a mess the day after

(so a good shave is not the one where you can stroke up and down with your fingers and feel only smooth skin.... like I said, awesome at the time but pain tomorrow!)

5) When finished, and this is the most important step for many, rinse with cold water.... because when your skin it hot and your pores are open it is also irritated after shaving so bacteria can easily get in and cause acne, more irritation, red marks and burns etc...... cold water... alfa omega =)

did you really just give me instruction on how to shave? :o

I do use good products, gillette - it's the best a man can get you know! my guess is that as i normally only use a trimmer my skin isn't used to the shave.

I had my first clean shave (as opposed to just trimming it) today for the first time in about 2 years, maybe more. Not sure if I like it, it feels good but I don't recognise myself in the mirror!

I had my first clean shave (as opposed to just trimming it) today for the first time in about 2 years, maybe more. Not sure if I like it, it feels good but I don't recognise myself in the mirror!

I hate that feeling makes me really regret doing it. then you got to wait for it to grow back to a decent standard.

Having stubble on your face is like having rust on your Porsche. Get rid of that shit. I'm a bit of a shave nazi, though. If shaving irritates your face, the best thing you can do is to get rid of the goo in a can and to start using shave soap or quality cream and a shave brush. Don't try to get rid of it all at once; do a few passes. And don't apply too much pressure on the blade--you'll get razor burn. Also, you don't need a razor that has more than one blade as they do more harm than good. Truth is, most guys have no idea how to get a really good shave.

Â