Please tell me when to stop laughing at SHA

Ryan.

Yeah i belive Taylor has had to come out of retirement due to Foster leaving on loan to the Baggies and their other keeper Butland being injured.That left them with just last seasons third choice keeper Doyle.

1 GK Maik Taylor

2 DF Stephen Carr (captain)

3 DF David Murphy

13 GK Colin Doyle

16 FW James McFadden

18 MF Keith Fahey

20 MF Enric Vallès

23 MF Jean Beausejour

24 MF Jay O'Shea

25 MF Jordon Mutch

27 MF Nathan Redmond

30 FW Akwasi Asante

31 DF Fraser Kerr

32 DF Curtis Davies

33 DF Alpaslan Öztürk

34 GK Jack Butland

am sure McFadden and Taylor is gone as well

Relegation favorites to be sure, and if they get 10 points deducted Id place my house on it!

Looks like next week could be interesting...

Birmingham acting chairman Peter Pannu admits players on Premier League wages will have to be off-loaded but has played down fears of a financial crisis at the club.

Pannu claimed on Wednesday that "unpopular decisions" will have to be made when he returns from the Far East in the middle of next week.

But it became clear earlier on Thursday that this related to the off-loading of some of last season's players rather than any imminent fears of the club facing financial meltdown.

Now Pannu has acted to calm fears of supporters over the club's financial position after leading share-holder Carson Yeung's assets were frozen in Hong Kong after he was charged with money laundering.

Pannu told the club's official website: "I wish to make it clear that, whilst the benefactor's legal wrangles do pose some problems, we have sufficient contingency plans to cater for the temporary difficulties thrown at us.

"Our bankers (HSBC) have been very supportive and we currently still stand in a positive credit balance with them."

Pannu added: "When we talk about offloading players, we will consider players on Premier League wages as this is not a sustainable scenario for an npower Championship club.

"Clubs need to adjust to the new environment, particularly when the Football League has endorsed the practices of UEFA's Financial Fair Play Rules.

"Whilst in an ideal world we would wish to retain all of our star players, it is not realistic to do so.

"The club is happy to entertain their requests to play Premier League football but only if it also fits into our financial strategy.

"I wish to assure supporters that what we are addressing is no more and no less than what a prudently managed club would do."

Blues have already sold Roger Johnson, Craig Gardner and Barry Ferguson from last season's first team.

Here

"The club is happy to entertain their requests to play Premier League football but only if it also fits into our financial strategy.

HAHAHAHA. This line has made my day, and to think that these guys are the top team in the midlands and the power has shifted in their favour :crylaugh::crylaugh::crylaugh::crylaugh:

"Our bankers (HSBC) have been very supportive and we currently still stand in a positive credit balance with them."

:detect: Me thinks he's telling porkies, or the debt has simply moved elsewhere and until recently they were under pressure to reduce their overdraft?

HAHAHAHA. This line has made my day, and to think that these guys are the top team in the midlands and the power has shifted in their favour :crylaugh::crylaugh::crylaugh::crylaugh:

That is just about the best thing I've heard out of that club. Imagine if it was us - I think some fans would spontaneously combust. Can't imagine what the noses are thinking*.

*Ah, wait. Dole queue, money, beer. Repeat next week.

I don't know how much they were previously in debt to HSBC but I guess it is possible that they cleared this debt with the numerous player sales this summer.

But even he admits he is unclear how the club will continue to fund itself while Yeung’s assets are frozen and HSBC are demanding Brum’s overdraft is reduced.

Pannu added: “BIHL’s board, headed by Vico Hui and Pauline Wong, are now trying to resume trading of the stock.

Hopefully the resumption of trading in Hong Kong could lead to raising of some capital for the club to appease HSBC, our bankers, who are also now speaking to Pauline as the group’s financial controller and seeking answers from her on matters of concern to the bankers.

How many players did they sell since Tuesday? It's possible, but with Pannu having stated that so recently it seems unlikely to me that the overdraft is gone.

Â