Please tell me when to stop laughing at SHA

Ryan.

thegoalzone Tom Ross

We can't say Blues news until the morning, but listen to the news on brmb, every half hour from 6am. Will post on here in the morning

Tom Ross' latest Tweet... I will make a point of sticking BRMB on in the morning.

that mirror article...

By James Nursey

Birmingham are struggling to pay their bills and could be forced to sell more players to survive.

Owner Carson Yeung’s assets have been frozen in the Far East pending his money-laundering court case.

And shares in the club’s holding company have been suspended, making it difficult to raise money.

Now, City chief Peter Pannu has admitted the axe will have to fall and unpopular decisions will have to be made when he returns from the Far East - just one week before they kick off their Championship season.

he financial meltdown at St Andrews has left fans fearing they will become the new Portsmouth, less than six months after they celebrated winning the Carling Cup at Wembley.

Yeung’s court case begins on August 11 but acting-chairman Pannu fronted up to Mirror Sport to explain City’s predicament in a candid interview from Hong Kong, where he is trying to find solutions.

He warned: “Upon my return I may have to make some unpopular decisions and I hope the fans will understand that I effectively don’t have a choice.

“The club may need to do what is right and to buy time until Carson’s assets are dislodged from the clutches of the courts in Hong Kong.”

City’s problems mean new boss Chris Hughton faces a daunting task to guide the club straight back to the Premier League.

While Pannu faces a frosty reception from fans when he jets back into the country this weekend ahead of the club’s curtain raiser at Derby next Saturday.

Rival clubs like West Brom are trying to snatch keeper Ben Foster and Liam Ridgewell on the cheap while Stoke want Scott Dann and Cameron Jerome.

Pannu is hoping the club’s headaches will ease once trading in BIHL’s shares resumes.

But even he admits he is unclear how the club will continue to fund itself while Yeung’s assets are frozen and HSBC are demanding Brum’s overdraft is reduced.

Pannu added: “BIHL’s board, headed by Vico Hui and Pauline Wong, are now trying to resume trading of the stock.

“Hopefully the resumption of trading in Hong Kong could lead to raising of some capital for the club to appease HSBC, our bankers, who are also now speaking to Pauline as the group’s financial controller and seeking answers from her on matters of concern to the bankers.

“I hope BIHL’s board can satisfy the bank’s queries as soon as possible.

“An update to the fans is long over due and it is just fair they hear the latest developments from me now.

“But I am not aware of their plans as to how they propose to full fill the financial distress posed by the relegation scenario and the freezing of Carson’s assets in Hong Kong.

“Carson had been trying hard to find new investors but the money laundering charges understandably meant that the progress had been slow.

“I understand that there is one interested party and they are working on it.”

Yeung caused fresh controversy recently by appointing his 18-year-old son Ryan to Birmingham’s board of directors along with Pannu.

Unhappy City fans responded by setting-up a Facebook site: ‘ Petition-to-get-Carson-Yeung-out-and-save-our-club’.

And Pannu admitted: “The appointment of Ryan Yeung was a bit of an eye opener for everybody.

“But I have since learned that with his presence, youth soccer and promotion of interest both in Hong Kong and China could be instigated.

“Ryan will be used mainly in that youth development programme for the greater China market and hopefully could generate some income.

“I believe that there is no hidden agenda there and his youth will not hinder the club’s operations in other areas which I don’t think he will be involved in as he is still schooling.”

It's quite easy to sit here, in pre-season, and with very little prospect of playing them again soon, and think that actually, if Blues went bust, we would all miss the occasion of derby day. Admittedly, it is always the fixture I look forward to most, like many others.

But then I remember what "Birmingham City" is really like. I think of their fans pissing and spitting on our supporters, I think of them attacking women and children down back streets, I think of them throwing bottles, bricks and rocks at all and sundry, I think of how sick I feel on the rare occasion we lose to them, I think about how suicidal I would feel if they ever got taken over by a wealthy owner, I think about them winning their only major trophy and how they all came out of the woodwork for that one day, I think about all those times they've sang 'Shit on the Villa' at the top of their lungs, I think about their rancid Royal B*ue shirts, I think about the Sty which they call home and I think about my utter, unwavering hatred for them.

It's only then I get my conclusion. Small Heath Alliance disappearing from the face of this earth would be the greatest gift one could ever wish for. Here's hoping :wave:

It's quite easy to sit here, in pre-season, and with very little prospect of playing them again soon, and think that actually, if Blues went bust, we would all miss the occasion of derby day. Admittedly, it is always the fixture I look forward to most, like many others.

But then I remember what "Birmingham City" is really like. I think of their fans pissing and spitting on our supporters, I think of them attacking women and children down back streets, I think of them throwing bottles, bricks and rocks at all and sundry, I think of how sick I feel on the rare occasion we lose to them, I think about how suicidal I would feel if they ever got taken over by a wealthy owner, I think about them winning their only major trophy and how they all came out of the woodwork for that one day, I think about all those times they've sang 'Shit on the Villa' at the top of their lungs, I think about their rancid Royal B*ue shirts, I think about the Sty which they call home and I think about my utter, unwavering hatred for them.

It's only then I get my conclusion. Small Heath Alliance disappearing from the face of this earth would be the greatest gift one could ever wish for. Here's hoping :wave:

Amen to to that sir! I hate the derbies there bad for my health and and i dont want us to stoop to their level like we did in the cc last year

thegoalzone Tom Ross

We can't say Blues news until the morning, but listen to the news on brmb, every half hour from 6am. Will post on here in the morning

Tom Ross' latest Tweet... I will make a point of sticking BRMB on in the morning.

It's just as likely that Ron Toss will announce that the rumours of administration are not true. Unfortunately.

thegoalzone Tom Ross

It's just as likely that Ron Toss will announce that the rumours of administration are not true. Unfortunately.

They're probably not true, yet.

Maybe i'm the only one but I wouldnt like to see them go into Administration to be honest. I have friends and family who are all bluenoses and are generally good people (believe it or not). I'm sure we all know a few decent noses here and there.

Whilst everything that's happening is incredibly funny, specially after all the shit they gave us after winning the Carling Cup. I wouldnt wish Administration on any football club with a fan base. Even Birmingham.

Does this make me.... wrong? :lol:

Yes, that makes you what we term a 'wrong un'. :lol:

In all seriousness, the only decent blosers I know haven't been down the sty for decades and aren't really blosers any more. The few I know who still occasionally go are either laughably deluded, complete tossers or both. I'm still being serious.

Although I can understand everyone finding this very funny, BCFC going into admin is not good for football and it's certainly not

good for the image of Birmingham.

The former owners including Karren Brady as well as the PL really need to ask themselves why they didn't do more due diligence

on Carson Yeung, before selling the club to him.

It's no wonder McLeish walked out... reporter who interviewed him a good while ago referred to "off the record" references to dodgy dealings @ BCFC and things behind the scenes just not being right at the club.

Superb :clap::clap::clap:

Â