Please tell me when to stop laughing at SHA

Ryan.

Come on this is the 'Laugh at SHA" thread, no the Aston Villa self depreciation thread.
Indeed.

I guess some people just can't help themselves. We have the rest of the forum for mocking Villa. :lol:

just watched the 'highlights' of small heath against the dogheads on sunday. a couple of observations;

1) inevitably small heath were gifted their goal. at least three quarters of their goals since xmas either shouldn't have stood or were due to absolute howlers from the opposition.

2) craig gardner's face when he get sent off was absolutely priceless. also seems to think he's hard nowadays which i find very amusing as i suspect he'd get battered by about 99% of other prem footballers.

Birmingham City's holding company has raised HK$49m (£3.8m) by selling shares on the Hong Kong stock exchange. A statement to the exchange said that 6.43% of Birmingham International Holdings had been sold to people unconnected with the club.

The sale of 250 million shares dropped the stake of the club's largest shareholder, the Hong Kong businessman Carson Yeung, from 24.9% to 23.3%.

Birmingham's 48-year wait for a trophy ended in February, when they beat Arsenal 2-1 at Wembley to win the Carling Cup. The club will need to provide assurances about their finances if they are to play in the Europa League next season.

The Guardian

Was about to post about their little windfall.

Tried to make £16m ended up only managing to whore out 1/4 of the shares they wanted to. Atleast they just earnt the money they are surely regretting spending on Curtis?

edit: I guess its bitter sweet for SHA, they had £28m loss to make up and show UEFA they are in good financial position. But only made £3.8m so that sucks.

But [correct me if im wrong]. Yeung bought 30% of SHA for £15m [100%=£45m] and now they are selling just 6% for £3.8m [100%=£60m]. So effectively increased their worth by 33% in 4 years.

Saying that they are still in debt to the tune of 38% of their entire value.

[again, i could be wrong, im tired]

Was about to post about their little windfall.

Tried to make £16m ended up only managing to whore out 1/4 of the shares they wanted to. Atleast they just earnt the money they are surely regretting spending on Curtis?

edit: I guess its bitter sweet for SHA, they had £28m loss to make up and show UEFA they are in good financial position. But only made £3.8m so that sucks.

But [correct me if im wrong]. Yeung bought 30% of SHA for £15m [100%=£45m] and now they are selling just 6% for £3.8m [100%=£60m]. So effectively increased their worth by 33% in 4 years.

Saying that they are still in debt to the tune of 38% of their entire value.

[again, i could be wrong, im tired]

:shock:

Are you Alan Sugar?

I thought Uefa's "show you are not financially ****" rule was about how stable the club is in terms of income/expense, not how much money the owner has. Surely selling off parts of the club is income to the seller of those shares, not income to the club itself?..

Yeah its about the stability of the club but when the owner is Mega-rich, until UEFA FFP rules come into play next season (which wont affect things until 13/14 season) then if the owner is extremely rich, then so is the club. So for now, if the owner makes £3.8m and gives it to the club, its the clubs money.

For instance Man U are financially **** and the Glazers somehow using the clubs own revenue to pay for their aquisition of the club.

Man U and Chelsea also can't afford themselves but because of their owners they are financially 'stable'.

Where as Carson had to take out a £12m loan just to get through the season and there are serious doubts about the health of the club because Carson may not be able to support them financially. Even though the clubs revenue may not be big, the fact they are now wrth £60m (compared to £45m 4 years ago) shows pretty big growth and could be considered to show they will be financially stable. This still would have stood had they sold the entire £16m worth of shares they wanted to sell. But by only selling 3.8m then it looks bad from a business side of view.

Short version

'Well we tried to sell 24% of our business in a massive market that big investors literally jump at the chance to get into but turns out we can't actually attract any of these investors'

is a pretty shit thing to effectively say.

Saying 'we increased our value by 33% in 4 years' is pretty awesome.

Depends which way UEFA look at it. It's the fact they are still £23m in debt, which at their current rate could take another 4 years to get rid of, which is clearly not good enough.

Disclaimer: I am not Alan Sugar and could well be wrong about everything I just said, but I think its right!

Bad news or is it? Thursday nights and Sunday football for them as long as they stay in the UEFA Cup

Birmingham City have been granted a UEFA licence for the 2011/12 season.

The club said the news heralded a "new and historic era" that they hoped would see them compete alongside some of Europe’s elite clubs.

Birmingham City secured their qualification for next season's Europea League with a memorable 2-1 victory over Arsenal in the Carling Cup final at Wembley in February.

Acting chairman Peter Pannu said: "This means we can all focus on what are really exciting times for the club.

"We have three important Barclays Premier League games remaining and we can take this good news into them – starting at Newcastle on Saturday.

"Then we can all look forward to competing in the Europa League alongside some of the continent’s finest clubs.

"Being granted the licence – which we were always confident of achieving – will put to rest once and for all some of the scare mongering that has surrounded the club."

Birmingham Mail

Â