Emiliano Martínez

hippo

1 minute ago, Zhan_Zhuang said:

Just won the World Cup, of course he is elite.

If certain teams cannot afford him I wonder if a swap deal + money is an option?

Unai Simon or Alex Remiro must be a potential replacement, I think Emery can persuade them.

swap deal is a great idea!

Dan Bardell think Chelsea is a possibility, who knows.

I would 100% take a p/x tho (for the right player(s)).

9 minutes ago, MaVilla said:

swap deal is a great idea!

Dan Bardell think Chelsea is a possibility, who knows.

I would 100% take a p/x tho (for the right player(s)).

Why would he think that? They already have Mendy and Kepa and are unlikely to be CL next season.

44 minutes ago, Galway Lion said:

Just been named in the top three goalkeepers in the world and could probably win the award. However you obviously know far more than the experts.

Do you genuinely believe he's in the top three keepers in the world?

2 minutes ago, Tom13 said:

Is Alexis Mac Allister elite?

There are supposedly interested teams that would probably justify that status.

He played all but one game to win the World Cup and plays in the best league in the World.

However, this is the Martinez thread. He played a major role in winning Argentina the Copa America and World Cup. Elite.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

11 hours ago, rodders0223 said:

That's not the issue. It’s the constant time wasting

Which has worked in our favour. Time wasting happens. Seeing games out by killing the other team's momentum is part of the arts of football we've been pathetic at for so long. 

36 minutes ago, Zhan_Zhuang said:

There are supposedly interested teams that would probably justify that status.

He played all but one game to win the World Cup and plays in the best league in the World.

However, this is the Martinez thread. He played a major role in winning Argentina the Copa America and World Cup. Elite.

This is true 100%. He was a huge huge part of his country winning the world cup. You don't do that by accident. He's our best goalie in so long, but Villa fans again win the fickle award and turn on the enemy of the week. It's insane. 

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Rolta said:

Which has worked in our favour. Time wasting happens. Seeing games out by killing the other team's momentum is part of the arts of football we've been pathetic at for so long. 

Breeds a weak mentality though.

• Confused 1

1 hour ago, WallisFrizz said:

Why would he think that? They already have Mendy and Kepa and are unlikely to be CL next season.

I agree it seems unlikely, but maybe they're planning to move one or both of those on? The other club Bardell mentioned which seems more logical to me is Spurs. 

18 minutes ago, Rolta said:

What having a world cup winner in our team doing things that all the biggest clubs do?

We were in the game against Arsenal on Sat. Time wasting from the 50th or 60th minute or whatever it was is unnecessary. You do realise they add the time wasted on anyway?

10 minutes ago, HanoiVillan said:

I agree it seems unlikely, but maybe they're planning to move one or both of those on? The other club Bardell mentioned which seems more logical to me is Spurs. 

Does Bardell have any inside knowledge or is he guessing?

At the end of the day he needs to follow the coaches instructions like all players and he isn't time wasting , going up for the corner etc his letting his ego get in the way and his form is being affected.

Edited by ozvilla28

9 minutes ago, Tom13 said:

Does Bardell have any inside knowledge or is he guessing?

I assume it differs from topic to topic, but now he's colleagues with people in Sky's transfer team he presumably does have some knowledge. If you listen to the segment, he talks like he's sharing something real but without making any definitive claims.

• Thanks 1

15 minutes ago, Tom13 said:

We were in the game against Arsenal on Sat. Time wasting from the 50th or 60th minute or whatever it was is unnecessary. You do realise they add the time wasted on anyway?

It's always the case they'll add time on. But as we all know killing the ability of other teams to build any momentum is integral to winning football games. It's a part of the game. Arsenal are a good team. We played well. There's no need for any hysteria. 

1 minute ago, Rolta said:

It's always the case they'll add time on. But as we all know killing the ability of other teams to build any momentum is integral to winning football games. It's a part of the game. Arsenal are a good team. We played well. There's no need for any hysteria. 

I agree with Emery.

• Like 2

Â