FA Community Shield

andykeenan

Just now, sharkyvilla said:

I felt a bit sorry for the Chelsea striker earlier in the women's match, it was possibly the worst performance I have ever seen.  Great strike from the centre half though.

Generally that standard of shooting in the match was Sunday league standard much like the keeper on that goal.

I’m all for the development of the women’s game and it has improved but it’s such a low level.

38 minutes ago, sharkyvilla said:

I felt a bit sorry for the Chelsea striker earlier in the women's match, it was possibly the worst performance I have ever seen. 

It was like watching the Villa strikers!

• Like 1

3 hours ago, TrentVilla said:

I’m all for the development of the women’s game and it has improved but it’s such a low level.

For me women's football will never be watchable because of the gap between the men's and the women's game. There are plenty of other sports where I'll happily watch women play, tennis, cycling, beach volleyball, naked mud wrestling, etc. But football wont ever be one of them. 

As for the charity shield, it was bizarre watching the arsenal players celebrate so excitedly when they won the shoot out. It's a pre season game lads. 

Edited by villa89

1 hour ago, villa89 said:

For me women's football will never be watchable because of the gap between the men's and the women's game. There are plenty of other sports where I'll happily watch women play, tennis, cycling, beach volleyball, naked mud wrestling, etc. But football wont ever be one of them. 

As for the charity shield, it was bizarre watching the arsenal players celebrate so excitedly when they won the shoot out. It's a pre season game lads. 

I’m sure the gap will narrow with time, the women’s game is playing catch up in a way that the likes of tennis and athletics haven’t had to do. Currently the gulf is huge, just as it is in rugby and boxing.

I’m in favour of the attempts to drive women’s football forward and to raise its profile but it’s hard to take the level of the sides seriously at this stage.

On 29/08/2020 at 20:16, villa89 said:

With women's tennis and golf and many other sports, a professional female would easily beat a male club/semi pro player. In football though, I'd say a non league team could put 10 or 15 past the very best women's team. Its odd that there is such a disparity. 

I'm all for the development of the game, but its poor at the moment. 

12 minutes ago, The Fun Factory said:

I still call it the Charity Shield, not this newfangled Community nonsense. Wasn't that a way to stop the gate receipt going to good causes?

Harvey Elliot calls it the McDonald’s cup.

He looks like a lad on the fast track being the next Ravel Morrison and Nile Ranger.

48 minutes ago, Xela said:

With women's tennis and golf and many other sports, a professional female would easily beat a male club/semi pro player. In football though, I'd say a non league team could put 10 or 15 past the very best women's team. Its odd that there is such a disparity. 

I'm all for the development of the game, but its poor at the moment. 

I think that is mainly down to investment and longevity, given time and more investment this will change its inevitable.

1 hour ago, Genie said:

Harvey Elliot calls it the McDonald’s cup.

He looks like a lad on the fast track being the next Ravel Morrison and Nile Ranger.

Jason McAteer said he will be as good as Xavi and Iniesta 😂😂

• Haha 1

Â