Irreverentad's Fantasy Premier League 2020/21

Stevo985

This is why I'll never win the game outright, but there's no way I could ever stand having Bamford on my team and rooting for that word removed to get me points. And, I've even had Ben Mee in my squad.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Rds1983 said:

Similar to @Farlz

Seriously hoping Salah blanks again as he was my Barnes swap. 

I'm also thinking of dropping Foden as he's done nothing since I picked him up so no doubt he'll get a hatrick if I did. 

200.gif

Edited by Rds1983
  • Haha 2

14 minutes ago, a-k said:

Others: Played Pep roulette, 2 or 3 not playing but get big hauls off the bench

Me: Rare resting/benching of Saka and Chilwell, Fabio Silva (1pt) and Coufal (1pt) off my bench.

i hate all of you GIF

That sucks the donkey balls.

So, as well as having Stones (0), Cancelo (0) and Chilwell (0) in my defence, I have Bamford as my 2nd non-defender sub, meaning that Antonio with 2 points comes of the bench and Bamford stays where he is.

On top of that, I thought I was pulling a master stroke having Areola (1) as my keeper instead of Martinez 😭

Salah captain has saved my week, but it could have been soooooo much better!

Shit week for me and it shouldn't have been.

Once again I **** myself on captaincy. The boring safe option was Salah and decided to punt on Cancelo with Vice as Antonio. And left Bamford on my bench.

So I could have ended up with like 25 more points than I've got from those two bad decisions alone.

Frustrating

15 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

Shit week for me and it shouldn't have been.

Once again I **** myself on captaincy. The boring safe option was Salah and decided to punt on Cancelo with Vice as Antonio. And left Bamford on my bench.

So I could have ended up with like 25 more points than I've got from those two bad decisions alone.

Frustrating

I've said it in this thread before. If you're shit at captain (and let's face it, you are 😂) then just leave it on Salah 4eva. It's statistically proven. 

26 minutes ago, BOF said:

I've said it in this thread before. If you're shit at captain (and let's face it, you are 😂) then just leave it on Salah 4eva. It's statistically proven. 

Yeah I did that and he blanked 4 weeks in a row :D 

21 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

Yeah I did that and he blanked 4 weeks in a row :D 

That's why the 4eva bit is important. It only works over a season 😁

I didn’t think Salah was the safe option @Stevo985, considering how much he’s blanked recently and West Ham’s decent defensive record. I actually thought I was being quite brave having Salah as my (vice) Captain (after Cancelo)!

Safe, without hindsight, would probably have been a City player against Sheffield United or Son against Brighton.

• Like 1

31 points, ranked 6.8mil for the GW...I think this was my worst GW ever (not counting times where I just stopped playing the game, but even then I doubt I'd have done worse). Worst part is that I had 18 points stuck on the bench, which would have boosted my total by 15 when accounting for the points I already accrued for another player in that position. Half my points total on the bench 😂

68 point week for myself, very happy with that considering Pep decided to take the piss. 

Barnes captain choice not awful in the end, luckily he got that goal before Leicester shit the bed. Glad to have hauls from Bamford and Salah as well after a few weeks of nothing. 

Pretty happy with my team for GW22 as long as Pep brings my City players back in, quite likely I won't be making a transfer. 

• Like 1

Also anyone else weird enough not to have had a single Villa player in their FPL this season like me? 😂

It's probably cost me a fair few more points (especially Martinez) considering we're actually pretty good but I just can't do it. 

5 minutes ago, Farlz said:

Also anyone else weird enough not to have had a single Villa player in their FPL this season like me? 😂

It's probably cost me a fair few more points (especially Martinez) considering we're actually pretty good but I just can't do it. 

Why?

It's amazing for me. Especially when we're good. Being able to watch Villa games and cheer your team on for two reasons is great and not feel conflicted if they score.

Not to mention that Martinez, Grealish and Targett are 3 of the best players in the game at the moment

10 minutes ago, Farlz said:

Pretty happy with my team for GW22 as long as Pep brings my City players back in, quite likely I won't be making a transfer. 

FakeWellinformedFallowdeer-small.gif

It's bad FPL JuJu to say that! Every time I go into a week happy with my team I end up with about 40 points. This week I'm unhappy I don't have any Chelsea defence but I can't see any of them being both good value and nailed.

4 minutes ago, Farlz said:

I've had triple Villa for near enough the entire season. So so sweet every time they get returns. Still regret selling Martinez for our blank though to make sure I could field 11 though. Couldn't afford to get him straight back so had to pivot to Targett instead.

• Like 1