Irreverentad's Fantasy Premier League 2020/21

Stevo985

1 hour ago, Stevo985 said:

KDB out for 4-6 weeks. Easy swap to Son for me. Was planning on bringing him back anyway. Now I can afford him and Kane

Going to switch to triple City defence.

Vardy out for weeks too...worst part is I took a -4 to go from Kane to Vardy

frustrated homer simpson GIF

• Sad 1

14 minutes ago, a-k said:

Vardy out for weeks too...worst part is I took a -4 to go from Kane to Vardy

frustrated homer simpson GIF

Was that an early transfe this week, or was he a -4 last week for the DGW? I took a -4 last week for KDB when I almost went Sterling who would have out-scored him and not been forced into a transfer this week.  Sux2Bus.

2 hours ago, Stevo985 said:

KDB out for 4-6 weeks. Easy swap to Son for me. Was planning on bringing him back anyway. Now I can afford him and Kane

Going to switch to triple City defence.

KDB injury has prevented me swapping Salah out for another week at the least. 

Assuming you'll be Dias, Stones and Cancelo or are you going for Ederson? I'm not keen on triple defence as it's too annoying when they concede and you lose three CS bonuses (as happened this week to me with WBA scoring against West Ham).

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Rds1983 said:

KDB injury has prevented me swapping Salah out for another week at the least. 

Assuming you'll be Dias, Stones and Cancelo or are you going for Ederson? I'm not keen on triple defence as it's too annoying when they concede and you lose three CS bonuses (as happened this week to me with WBA scoring against West Ham).

Yes but ...

f8de040377e6089b442a89392927b9da.png

• Like 1

Yeah I'm going to mull it over. KDB to Son can happen now. I have a bit of time to think about the next part. It's a risk but with Pep Roulette going for another of their midfielders is a risk too

4 hours ago, BOF said:

Was that an early transfe this week, or was he a -4 last week for the DGW? I took a -4 last week for KDB when I almost went Sterling who would have out-scored him and not been forced into a transfer this week.  Sux2Bus.

No, it was for the DGW. I rarely do early transfers, only if I'm desperate for money and the player I plan to transfer in/out is about to change price 

15 hours ago, Stevo985 said:

Yeah I'm going to mull it over. KDB to Son can happen now. I have a bit of time to think about the next part. It's a risk but with Pep Roulette going for another of their midfielders is a risk too

I'm thinking of swapping KDB for Gundo and using the funds to upgrade my attack, maybe get Kane in as feel like he's the best option for TC this season (especially if he gets a decent DGW and they've got games to catch up). 

• Like 1

On 22/01/2021 at 10:16, a-k said:

Alright, I'm -3 behind my Cup opponent. He's got Emi (who's on my bench...I would only be -2 if I played him instead of Johnstone) and I've got Ollie. How does VTSkyBet rate my chances?

So I've crashed out of the Cup by 3 points after taking a -4, having Emi on my bench instead of Johnstone, and also having Saka and Fabio Silva on my bench, for a total of 24 bench points. And, of course Ollie had to be slightly offside for his "second", otherwise I would have gone through. Typical of his and my seasons...

season 3 bart GIF

Edited by a-k

12 minutes ago, a-k said:

So I've crashed out of the Cup by 3 points after taking a -4, having Emi on my bench instead of Johnstone, and also having Saka and Fabio Silva on my bench, for a total of 24 bench points. And, of course Ollie had to be slightly offside for his "second", otherwise I would have gone through. Typical of his and my seasons...

season 3 bart GIF

Don't worry about it too much, this season is just weird. 

I used BB, scored over 100 and still dropped down 1 spot in my work league as someone who didn't use it outscored me (mainly due to players I meant to transfer in but didn't like Stones). 

I've never been that fussed about the cup, have gotten through 4 or 5 rounds (I think) and then lost to some random team ranked like 3m.

1 minute ago, Rds1983 said:

Don't worry about it too much, this season is just weird. 

I used BB, scored over 100 and still dropped down 1 spot in my work league as someone who didn't use it outscored me (mainly due to players I meant to transfer in but didn't like Stones). 

I've never been that fussed about the cup, have gotten through 4 or 5 rounds (I think) and then lost to some random team ranked like 3m.

That's the worst part...my opponent this week hasn't touched his team in weeks and beat me because of Aubameyang....

I'm still ranked 100k but only playing in leagues for fun, so take the Cup a bit more seriously since it adds a bit more competitiveness!

Rollercoaster of a DGW. Salah captain, KDB and Fernandes not pulling their weight and yet still squeaked 100 points thanks to Targett and Antonio.

I finished higher OR last season than I currently am this but it's so so much sweeter being able to get points with triple Villa.

17 minutes ago, wilko154 said:

4 games in and I'm tempted to just delete my team.

Transferred in Maddison and Stones, decided against Gundogan and Cancelo.

Benched Soucek 30 minutes before the deadline in place of Dallas.

Nah don't. Shit happens. You'll bounce back. 

• Like 1