Irreverentad's Fantasy Premier League 2020/21

Stevo985

13 hours ago, Stevo985 said:

Unfortunately I've captained KDB so I can assure you he'll do absolutely **** all

Nah you're good. You're on my bandwagon now and I've a good captain record when the name doesn't begin with S and rhyme with Balah.

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, BOF said:

Nah you're good. You're on my bandwagon now and I've a good captain record when the name doesn't begin with S and rhyme with Balah.

I hope so!

Son and Kane getting returns at the moment. Not good. I need KDB to get 4 points more than Son to justify my switch!

10 hours ago, Farlz said:

John Stones is a hero 

Nope, he's the devil. 

Used last week's transfer to get him in and then hit FH, so he went back out this week. I decided not to put him back in as James was declared fit to play, Frank then rotates to hell with James getting no minutes and John scoring for the first time in six seasons, he then goes and gets a second. 

I've actually dropped places after using BB due to him. Massively need the rest of the games to go my way. 

My honest bench would have been 

McCarthy (1), Justin (8), Adams (2), Dallas (2)

Justin has another game but if Reece James doesn't play tonight then he would have gone into the lineup anyway, so I could end up with 5 points from my BB :D

Definitely should have kept it

Edited by Stevo985

I think if you're a manager who typically doesn't keep a strong bench, if you use a bench boost at any time other than directly after a wildcard then on balance it has probably cost you points over the preceding weeks getting your team to the state where you have a useable bench, in terms of both compromising your first team to bring in those subs (making the first 11 less valuable) and in not making the beneficial first team transfers you would have made for those fixtures instead (you will have weeks of 'points on bench').  Then of course there's the weeks afterwards spent getting that money back into your first team and off your bench.  It's a dreadful token.

• Like 1

After the Leeds vs Southampton game got cancelled I wasn't going to use mine but I decided with the double in GW26 being closely followed by another blank I'd be better off using my wildcard to build a strong DGW first XI for that week and keep some good players for the blank on my bench.

Like you say if you wildcard in 15 DGW players you might be in a mess for the rest of the season with 10+ games to go. Usually it's very near the end of the season so it's far more bearable.

It hasn't really worked out for me (unless Justin hauls tonight I guess) but I still think it was the right time to use it. In a season like this there were always going to be risks

On 17/01/2021 at 15:16, Stevo985 said:

I hope so!

Son and Kane getting returns at the moment. Not good. I need KDB to get 4 points more than Son to justify my switch!

And back to this ;) So far so good :thumb:

1 minute ago, BOF said:

And back to this ;) So far so good :thumb:

Ah I'm not worried now. Part of my -8 was bringing Stones in (for Trent) so I'm well up! 
I was worried when trent got his CS vs Utd but he'd have to go some against Burnley to turn that -8 around now!

It'll be KDB + Stones + Antonio vs Son + Trent + DCL

7+21+9 vs 5+6+0

37 vs 11

as it stands. With only Trent to play once more on the right hand side of that equation. I think I'm good!

Just now, Stevo985 said:

Ah I'm not worried now. Part of my -8 was bringing Stones in (for Trent) so I'm well up! 
I was worried when trent got his CS vs Utd but he'd have to go some against Burnley to turn that -8 around now!

It'll be KDB + Stones + Antonio vs Son + Trent + DCL

7+21+9 vs 5+6+0

37 vs 11

as it stands. With only Trent to play once more on the right hand side of that equation. I think I'm good!

You are good yeah. I was just blowing my own non-blanking KDB captain trumpet, ahem :D 

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, BOF said:

You are good yeah. I was just blowing my own non-blanking KDB captain trumpet, ahem :D 

Haha I gotcha!
It's nice to get a return on a captain for the first time in 4 gameweeks!

I'd be lying if I said I wasn't secretly hoping for a KDB goal in our game tomorrow. A consolation in a 5-1 defeat of course ;) 

7 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

Haha I gotcha!
It's nice to get a return on a captain for the first time in 4 gameweeks!

I'd be lying if I said I wasn't secretly hoping for a KDB goal in our game tomorrow. A consolation in a 5-1 defeat of course ;) 

I've no Villa defenders so 5-1 would be acceptable.  I'll sacrifice the Grealish clean sheet for a KDB captain's return :thumb:

28 minutes ago, BOF said:

I've no Villa defenders so 5-1 would be acceptable.  I'll sacrifice the Grealish clean sheet for a KDB captain's return :thumb:

I've got Martinez but he has a Newcastle game to come to get his clean sheet :) 

15 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

I've got Martinez but he has a Newcastle game to come to get his clean sheet :) 

They'll have new manager bounce.

• Haha 1

My bench was McCarthy, Dallas, Raphinha and Maupay. I really should've just held the BB but obviously I was hoping for Brighton v Leeds to be an open game with a few goals.

Sitting on 77 points going into my next round of fixtures tonight, triple West Ham and Justin. I'm hoping for 100 points at this stage but something is bound to go wrong for me this week.