Academy General Topic

mikeyp102

Proctor (GK); Carroll, Timson, McDowell, Fortes; Hemmings (C), Quinn, Pavey; Lynch, Brannigan, Burrowes.

Subs: Hammond (GK), Onuchukwu, McWilliams, Edwards, Mulley.

3 hours ago, Kingman said:

U18's away at Albion today 11am,

Shame there's no coverage was looking forward to seeing who we will be taking next :D

Finished 2-2 

Jack McDowell and Charlie Pavey’s goals gave us the lead twice after a goal apiece in each half. 

We're taking part in the U17 Zed Cup again this year, starts March 25th. Last year was a mixture of U16s and U15s and was streamed on Zed's facebook, if they do again will be a chance to see some of the players we've got coming through in the younger age groups

Edited by useless
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Our first game in the U17 Zed cup is tonight against Al Ahly 10pm kick-off, if that's Egyptian time I think will be 8pm in the UK. I haven't been able to find any streaming details, but if it is being shown, will probably be on their facebook

• Like 2

We lost 1-0, were quite poor first half, much improved second half to the point where overall we were probably the better team and should have got a result, albeit within that there was probably more mistakes in terms of misplaced passes than we would have liked, couldn't quite make out what happen towards the end, but looked we scored but the referee blew full time whilst a fraction before, the players looked gutted

I think the starting line-up was Oakley, McWilliams, TJ Carroll, Asante Boakye (?), Fortes, Burgess, Quinn, Hemmings, Hayward, Burrowes, Briscoe... Cole Ramsey and Teddie Bloomsfield came on off the bench, as did U15 Jack McGrath, and looks like there were a few other U15s there as well, but I didn't see any sign of Meade I think he's possibly been injured for a while, Oakley who started in goal is also an U15, he's already played two ages up for U18s, so seems to be progressing well

Main takeaway on the positive side is that George Hemmings looks a really good player, I doubt it will be long before we see him playing for our U21s

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

11 hours ago, useless said:

We lost 1-0, were quite poor first half, much improved second half to the point where overall we were probably the better team and should have got a result, albeit within that there was probably more mistakes in terms of misplaced passes than we would have liked, couldn't quite make out what happen towards the end, but looked we scored but the referee blew full time whilst a fraction before, the players looked gutted

I think the starting line-up was Oakley, McWilliams, TJ Carroll, Asante Boakye (?), Fortes, Burgess, Quinn, Hemmings, Hayward, Burrowes, Briscoe... Cole Ramsey and Teddie Bloomsfield came on off the bench, as did U15 Jack McGrath, and looks like there were a few other U15s there as well, but I didn't see any sign of Meade I think he's possibly been injured for a while, Oakley who started in goal is also an U15, he's already played two ages up for U18s, so seems to be progressing well

Main takeaway on the positive side is that George Hemmings looks a really good player, I doubt it will be long before we see him playing for our U21s

What about CJ?

U17s playing ZED tonight in Quarter-Final, I think 8pm kick-off British time, it's being played on pitch 1, so should be streamded on ZED's facebook

Lost 2-1, were in control until gave away a penalty after that didn't play very well, got caged in our own half, kept giving it away, and didn't really have any meaningful possession in their half. I guess in a tournament like this it's the experience of it that counts more than anything.

EdIt I didn't realize Fortes had been sent off for the handball, that explans us controlling the game less after the penalty

Some strange refereeing decisions, giving them all the fifty fifty decisions, and some that clearly should have gone our way, and after they scored their second goal they were wasting a lot of time, twice their physio came onto the pitch, yet the referee didn't give any injury time

Khedr didn't play, he's been away with Egypt U20 National team, doesn't play for ZEDs U17s anymore anyway, I think this season he's been playing in the equivalent of their U21s

Edited by useless

1 hour ago, useless said:

Lost 2-1, were in control until gave away a penalty after that didn't play very well, got caged in our own half, kept giving it away, and didn't really have any meaningful possession in their half. I guess in a tournament like this it's the experience of it that counts more than anything. EdIt I didn't realize Fortes had been sent off for the handball, that explans the drop off from us after the penalty

I will say the officiating seemed highly suspicious, was like they wanted the tournament hosts to go through, giving them all the fifty fifty decisions, and some that clearly should have gone our way, and after they scored their second goal they were wasting time like it was a World Cup final or something, twice their physio came onto the pitch, yet the referee didn't give any injury time

Khedr didn't play, he's been away with Egypt U20 National team

We’ve sent some young lads out there to gain experience, youngest group of players , mainly u16s some 15s and a few 17s 

• Thanks 1

🚨🇨🇴 LAST MINUTE: From those around the Colombian winger, Jhon Edwin Montaño, they assure me that Aston Villa WILL OFFER for the DIM player. It is a fact that he will be part of the club.

Montaño will join Villa, confirmed. ✅ 🤝✈️

• Like 2

Not a lot going on this weekend as still Easter break ,  Saturday and Sunday the 9s and 10s in the Corey Price in Cardiff . 13s in the ironworks cup , 16 -18s at BMH v Southampton… full schedule next week 

Â