Eurovision 2020

Seat68

This year the greatest of all competitions isn’t competing. That said the song contest is being shown without the competitiveness. Everyone gets a participation certificate. 
So tomorrow on BBC1 from 8 we get to revel in the sounds of europe minus the scoring. This is the highlight of my year. 

6 minutes ago, tonyh29 said:

As you’re likely to be the only one watching , your mission is to post pictures of any Totty that we might appreciate ..

Here you go, here are the Swedish winners. Enjoy.

The Mamas om förändringen i Melodifestivalen: ”Det är helt ...

• Sad 1

3 minutes ago, chrisp65 said:

Bloody hell that’s two strong tunes there.

So you like that Iceland crap, too? (I didn't bother to listen to the Russia one). I'm clearly out of touch. 

1 minute ago, mjmooney said:

So you like that Iceland crap, too? (I didn't bother to listen to the Russia one). I'm clearly out of touch. 

If you’re waiting for the next Bob Dylan or Neil Young, it’s not going to happen.

It’s euro pop with a knowing nod to all things camp. Slightly 80’s synth pop appears to be having a bit of a revival, the last gig I went to before lockdown would have slotted in really well within Eurovision. 

Don’t over analyse it, just let your foot tap to it. You really need to watch the Russian one, game changer for them. They were booed a couple of years ago for their anti gay sensibilities. I think this shows not all Russians are nasty bastards.

Free your mind and your ass will follow, as some bloke once said.

• Like 2

14 hours ago, tonyh29 said:

As you’re likely to be the only one watching , your mission is to post pictures of any Totty that we might appreciate ..

Given he's bound to be in the 90 minute best of that the BBC are showing beforehand...

2013VerkaSerduchkaPA-4647278280113-696x4

• Like 1

Those Russians are the same ‘band’ who did that skibidee tune a few years ago........it’s basically the same sounding shite with the same daft dance routine.

Amazes me that there are people out there to which this constitutes good music!

30 minutes ago, bannedfromHandV said:

Those Russians are the same ‘band’ who did that skibidee tune a few years ago........it’s basically the same sounding shite with the same daft dance routine.

Amazes me that there are people out there to which this constitutes good music!

This is not the thread you are looking for.

obi-wan.jpg

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

3 hours ago, chrisp65 said:

If you’re waiting for the next Bob Dylan or Neil Young, it’s not going to happen.

It’s euro pop with a knowing nod to all things camp. Slightly 80’s synth pop appears to be having a bit of a revival, the last gig I went to before lockdown would have slotted in really well within Eurovision. 

No, I'm waiting for the next ABBA. 

80s synth pop is probably my most despised musical style after hip hop. 

• Like 1

For me its a show, would I buy any, well I bought the Common Linnets album but on the whole, no I would not but I like it for what it is. Chris summed it up, you get what it says on the tin, the camper the better. 

Â