Yankees: 7-6 (2.5 games back)

Baltimore: 6-6 (3 games back)

Boston: 6-6 (3 games back)

Tampa Bay: 5-8 (4.5 games back)

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I do feel for the Phils fans.. we lost Skip Caray in the offseason and then Pete retired. luckily we still have chip caray, joe simpson and don sutton came back.

anyway, mostly AL East fans on here i suppose?

Been an admirer of the White Sox for a while now, but followed the results of the Mets/Yankees. My recent trip to New York has definitly turned me into a full-time Mets fan though!

Been an admirer of the White Sox for a while now, but followed the results of the Mets/Yankees. My recent trip to New York has definitly turned me into a full-time Mets fan though!

At least you're not a Yankee fan...

Hating the Yankees is as American as unwed mothers, cherry pie, and cheating on your income tax

nyversionhatsm.jpg

For fans of the Metropolitans

nyhorns-version-BIG.jpg

For Sox fans

baltimore-version-BIG.jpg

For Baltimoreans

Meanwhile at Shea...

Today is Patriots' Day, which means two (somewhat related) things:

* The Red Sox play a home game at 11am

* The Boston Marathon (the Red Sox play at that early hour so that, if all goes well, the game ends right before the Marathon runners pass through Kenmore Square)

It's actually fairly common for the Red Sox to be playing a west coast team on Patriots' Day, in which case their fans back home have to deal with an 8am start.

Orioles baserunner (Freel) gets pegged in the back of the head on a pick-off attempt... took him a good few minutes to get up off the ground... is finally walking off (supported) the field.

Finally got around to changing my avatar, which is now (after considerable difficulties before I realised I wasn't allowed to upload from my computer to VT atm) honouring my favourite player: Mariano Rivera, Yankees closer.

Speaking of Yankees pitching, have anyone of you been able to watch Chien-Ming Wang in his troubles? I've only been following his starts by mlb.com's gameday, but his ERA is through the roof.

Finally got around to changing my avatar, which is now (after considerable difficulties before I realised I wasn't allowed to upload from my computer to VT atm) honouring my favourite player: Mariano Rivera, Yankees closer.

Speaking of Yankees pitching, have anyone of you been able to watch Chien-Ming Wang in his troubles? I've only been following his starts by mlb.com's gameday, but his ERA is through the roof.

He's on my fantasy team :oops:

But in Reality Baseball, I couldnt be happier about it!

yes that was funny !

so is that team though

1994 was the worst thing to happen to that franchise. They had a ton of up-and-coming players, like Larry Walker, Moises Alou, Pedro Martinez, Marquis Grissom, John Wetteland and had the best record in baseball when the strike happened. Then management decided to clear out all the players and the fans abandoned the team, eventually leading to them playing a number of "home" games in Puerto Rico (while they were owned by the other MLB owners) and then moving to DC.

yes that was funny !

so is that team though

HA! they signed Zimmerman to a four year deal worth 40+ mil I believe. He had the balls to say it was because he liked the direction the club is taking. C'mon bro.. it's about the money. Just the fact that they signed Adam Dunn and wanted to throw 160 million at Tex before that, shows that something isn't clicking with their management. What does one man who hasn't done much until after the All Star break gonna do for a team that has finished 20 Games Back on average the last four years?

1997 -> 2003 -> 2009?

I hope not, I think it's an absolute disgrace that they're allowed to get away with what they do. Having a firesale and sucking for 5 years at a time, driving the fans away and making a mockery of the system. If there's ever a reason baseball needs a minimum salary cap then they are it.

The Marlins currently have the best record in baseball, with 11 wins to a single loss, 5 games ahead of the Braves and Mets.

Consolidated AL table (as of this moment)

Toronto: 10-4

Seattle: 8-5

Chicago, Detroit, Kansas City: 7-5

Boston, New York: 7-6

Minnesota: 7-7

Baltimore: 6-7

Oakland, Texas: 5-7

Tampa Bay: 5-8

LA of Anaheim: 4-8

Cleveland: 4-9

Consolidated NL table

Florida: 11-1

LA: 10-3

San Diego: 9-4

Chicago: 7-4

St. Louis: 8-5

Cincinnati: 6-5

Atlanta, New York, Pittsburgh: 6-6

Philadelphia: 5-6

Colorado: 4-7

Houston, Milwaukee, Arizona, San Francisco: 4-8

Washington: 1-10

I'm not sure what doug was talking about with his Marlins rant... one owner had a fire sale one time. after the 97 world series. then the club was sold in 98. then the club was sold in 2001. other than that they made good trades and made good use of their farm system for 2003 world series. i guess you could argue delgado and lo duca, but still hardly a fire sale. I don't see anything wrong with making trades to bring in young and therefore lesser paid talent. As far as the Miami fans that are being "driven away," they averaged 16,000 in 2003. There's a beach and supermodels in Miami. The rest of us have baseball.

Â