Baseball

ianrobo1

With the Jays falling out of contention, you think the Mets are still interested in Halladay?

I'm in a good mood right now... 6-0 against the Yankees this year. I just watched the ninth inning of Ken Burns' Baseball and the Buckner incident, and that wasn't enough to bring me down! :D

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Whats the record like between the Yankees and Red Sox over the last 5 years or so? I don't think I've seen them beat you too often at all, which is surprising really, considerin how many times you play.

51-48 since 2004

(plus 4 wins and 3 losses from the 2004 ALCS)

Chien-Ming Wang pitches for the Yankees tonight against Tim Wakefield. Wang has been underwhelming this year, and there is some question as to how much the heavy use of the bullpen last night will affect Joe Girardi's willingness to pull Wang.

I'm on the Red Sox (-119), Mets (+130), and Mets/Phillies OVER 8.5 (+103).

Im watching my adopted Cubs at the Astros tonight instead. Yes I enjoy misery!!!

Flubs :puke:

100 years and won **** all :lol:

Well I didnt fancy any of Floridas teams, and I didn't want to jump on a bandwagon so I just chose the cubs......

And Wang walks two of the first three Red Sox batters he faces...

Am I right in saying that walking a batter is a form of cowardice? ( Im getting quite into baseball, and its FAR more entertaining than cricket!)

And Wang walks two of the first three Red Sox batters he faces...

Am I right in saying that walking a batter is a form of cowardice? ( Im getting quite into baseball, and its FAR more entertaining than cricket!)

Intentional walks are (which doesn't mean that they aren't warranted... if the batter behind a guy in the order is shit and unlikely to make you pay, then it's simply smart baseball to send the guy to first).

Unintentional walks (which is what all three of Wang's were) are simply the sign of an incompetent pitcher (or more charitably, one who's having a bad night).

Full count with the bases loaded and 2 out to Mark Kotsay... and he grounds out to end the inning.

Pure comedy defending from the Yankees there.

And more comedy defending from the Yankees... Swisher misses a routine fly ball which bounces into the stands for a ground-rule double.

3-1 Sox.

45 pitches by Wang... 24 balls to 21 strikes.

SoSH game thread

[Yankee commentator] Michael Kay right now is doing his position by position between the Red Sox and Yankees. When will people learn that this isn't a 9 on 9 sport.

It's pretty cool to see somebody who has worked in baseball for decades have a fundamental misunderstanding of how the game works.

6-5 to the Red Sox in the bottom of the 8th

Â