Baseball

ianrobo1

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sox lead the Yankees 1-0, top of the 7th. Ortiz hit a home run over in the.. 3rd? I think. Red Sox have won both games in the 3 game series so far.

Mets and Phillies are tied at 3 at the end of the 8th, they've split the series 1 each so far. Let's go Mets!

Yankees tied it up in the top of the 7th (after Brad Penny left the game for the Red Sox).

It's raining hard out here in Springfield (about 75 miles west of Boston)... they might call the game early.

At least it's not sudden-death OT...

Indeed, as I took OVER 9.5 in that game, I'd really like a Mets comeback in the bottom of the inning.

Dennis Eckersley is saying that Sabathia is definitely earning his $20m annual wage tonight. The Yankees needed their ace to be an ace tonight.

Sabathia gets taken out after 7+ innings, responsible for the two runners on base (so he could get charged with 4 earned runs tonight), after Green scored on a sharp single down the middle from JD Drew.

It used to be that the Yankees were totally in the Red Sox' psyche... any time we had a late lead, it seemed that we'd find some way to blow it.

Since we came back from a 3-0 hole in 2004, though, the shoe has decidedly been on the other foot.

I credit Jimmy Buffett for the turnaround myself.

8-0!

(a song essentially celebrating a mass of fans storming a stadium because they don't have tickets? I guess it's not that surprising that Liverpool is by far the PL club with the most fans in these parts)

Who is Jimmy Buffett and what did he do that was so significant? (I've honestly never heard of him)

wiki"]

James William "Jimmy" Buffett is a singer, songwriter, author, businessman, and recently a movie producer best known for his "island escapism" lifestyle and music including hits such as "Margaritaville" (No. 234 on RIAA's list of "Songs of the Century"), and "Come Monday". He has a devoted base of fans known as "Parrotheads". His band is called the Coral Reefer Band.

Aside from his career in music, Buffett is also a best-selling writer and is involved in two restaurant chains named after two of his best known songs, "Cheeseburger in Paradise" and "Margaritaville". He owns the Margaritaville Cafe restaurant chain and co-developed the Cheeseburger in Paradise restaurant concept with OSI Restaurant Partners (parent of Outback Steakhouse), which operates the chain under a licensing agreement with Buffett.

He played a concert at Fenway in the summer of 2004, during which, between songs, he had a voodoo witch doctor end the Curse of the Bambino. A couple of months later, the Red Sox won the World Series.

(yes, I'm a bit of a Parrothead ;) )

Ah, I see, that sort of makes sense then. :P

Hopefully sha don't try anything like that, I believe they've some sort of gypsy curse on them. Although, I think it's more than just a curse as to why they win **** all.

Of all those songs you posted, I believe Tessie is the only one I've heard, very catchy and stuck in my head from MVP Baseball 2005!

Â