Baseball

ianrobo1

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I quite like Baseball actually - one of the better US sports. Ice Hockey you can never see the puck and American Football goes on for five hours with five minutes of actual play.

I like the Cleveland Browns - weirdly enough well before Randy Lerner ever introduced Cleveland to the Villa masses. No real reason just did....

It's a beautiful game, baseball. Been a big fan since my last trip to the States in '04. Watching the Astros play the Padres right now, perfect semi-distraction from my uni-work :)

Ice Hockey you can never see the puck and ....

Just look for the only player with his stick on the ice. It's not too difficult, really.

Hockey is very different from baseball in almost every way, but it's just as much fun imo.

don't get me wrong I like it, it is simple and anyone can play it who can swing a bat, they even make it easy to catch !!

just so many games

and possibly the only sport in the states with any sense of tradition

Had tickets for the yankees opener this week but it was called off because of the weather - last season in their stadium etc

The chappy in the hotel that we gave the tickets to thought it was Xmas - got a few free beers out of it

It aint a bad game really, a lot more abuse from the fans than you think especially when the Red Sox are in town

I don't get the need the Americans seem to have for a million games per season either, tbh. Makes every game seem just a little less important.

I love it. Massive Braves fan, have been for many many years. Since before the Big 3 actualy.

Think we've got a real chance this year. Solid Starting pitching depth and an AL offence. Watch out Mutts and the Phillies, we're coming for you!

irrelevant really I mean when they play 120 games ia season does losing the odd one matter

do their forums go mad over it ?

doubt it

Surprisingly they do Ian. Lots of people go straight to the game after work, or to the pub etc.

How many days play does a cricket player play in through the season?

Had tickets for the yankees opener this week but it was called off because of the weather - last season in their stadium etcThe chappy in the hotel that we gave the tickets to thought it was Xmas - got a few free beers out of it

It aint a bad game really, a lot more abuse from the fans than you think especially when the Red Sox are in town

Are the Yankees moving from Yankee stadium?

Went in 2005 during my mate's stag to NYC. Didn't really get all the nuances of the game but enjoyed the day and Yankee Stadium was a great sporting arena.

Had tickets for the yankees opener this week but it was called off because of the weather - last season in their stadium etc

Man, that's a downer. I'd be gutted if I were you, but then again I'm a big Yankees fan (shuddit :)).

I was disappointed it was called off too, it was scheduled to be live on NASN and I had been looking forward to that monday night for a while.

Â