What's cooking / VT cookbook merge

trimandson

Do you like to cook ?  

55 members have voted

1. 1. Do you like to cook ?

• Yes
    • No

Well I looked at an online meat calculator and it said for a 1.8kg chicken it'll take 1hr 50mins. At 200c.

and in the meantime you will have ruined a perfectly good 1.6kg chicken. :( 

Put them in seperately......?!

Or use the same oven and give it 20mins or so before putting the other one it? 

Butcher them into breasts and legs and cook in the same oven at the same heat for the same length of time? 

This Friday (starting on Thursday actually), I shall be cooking 3kg of Pork Butt to make slow cooked pulled pork and chipotle mayo.. I've never done anything like it, I've got to go to the butchers and stuff because Tescos don't have that cut and I'm excited :D 

Chicken and cooking times .....it really is a meat you probably should have the knowledge or at least a probe as to not under or over cook ...one site could say 1h 30 mins but when u cut in to the leg/thigh there *could still be blood ...sorry if im no help im off today if you want me to pop round ......plane tickets and 50 euro an hour will do :-D

Just to add at work I half cook whole chickes ...then cut them in to pieces ala chicken saute then back in the roasting juice and cook to finish

Anyway, far more important than somebody that's clearly found a load of road kill:

I spent yesterday converting an autumn glut of marrows, onions and apples into various pickles and chutneys with variations on ginger and turmeric etc liberally randomly applied.

I think the smell has got into the fabric of the house.

Â