Tennis: General Chat

snowychap

I agree with CVByrne, this is boring and tedious to watch, it's crude hacking and errors are aplenty... Which reminds me to record this match for those nights where I struggle to fall asleep.

Edited by Dr_Pangloss

Easily the worst match between these two for years. Both played poor in first set and a half then Djoko lowered his game to a complete shambles. 

Thank God neither of these will win Wimbledon. Murray or Federer I think. 

Is the coverage on ITV being held by them or is it a generic coverage which they have bought. The commentators on this are crap as well. 

They would buy the video feed from the ATP or whoever holds the rights to the French open.  I presume the ATP would subcontract out the actual camera work to a TV company, ITV provide their own commentators who are either at the stadium or watching a video feed from a studio somewhere in the UK.  Pretty much every sporting event in the world is broadcast like this. 

Easily the worst match between these two for years. Both played poor in first set and a half then Djoko lowered his game to a complete shambles. 

rediculous mate. Its so hard out there.  Murray was woeful against Nadal

Djokovic should've nailed that 4th set, Nadal really seemed to be struggling physically so think Nole could've taken 5th set I reckon.

Really don't want Nadal nicking Federer's record, he's only 3 behind now. That said winning the French open these days seems to take a lot out of him for Wimbledon.

You do know Wimbledon is played on Grass yes? You see it's the belief that whoever just won well win win the next slam that makes me rakes of money betting on the sport.  B)

It's actually been done 3 times in the last 6 years....Nadal in 2008 and 2010 and Fed in 2009.

I think as Nadal approaches 30 now it's too tough for him to win Wimbledon given how much he gives to win RG every year so I'd favour Djokovic and Murray (who let's not forget has won 19 matches in a row on grass) ahead of him although I'd expect Nadal to get to the second week this year.

Fed sadly isn't an option anymore, just too old to win grand slams now.

You do know Wimbledon is played on Grass yes? You see it's the belief that whoever just won well win win the next slam that makes me rakes of money betting on the sport.  B)

It was your point that neither of these will win Wimbledon that I am disagreeing with. Federer will not win it. Murray has a chance but he's not back 100% from his back surgery. I think this defeat will effect Djokovic big time. He is the most consistent player around and wins most of the atp 1000 events but he keeps losing in slams finals. Fancy him to reach the Wimbledon final but not sure he will win it. 

Don't think there was that must in it today. Djokovic just made too many mistakes at key times...

Raonic will definitely cause some problems at Wimbledon, he's not just a serve bot, since he has been working with ljubicic there's some net play developing as well which he will need at Wimbledon. Still if he comes up against Djokovoc or Murray he would probably lose so for me it's between those 2 for the win.

Â