Star Wars - Jedi Fallen Order

Chindie

I love Star Wars and Souls games, but I just think this title was lacking a fair bit.

The story had its moments, but overall it felt a bit weak and I think it fell into that trap that a lot of Star Wars media falls into when it's farmed out to other companies – namely that they're obviously not allowed to mine the depths of the existing lore too much, so they have to make up a lot of new ideas, most of which fall a bit flat.

It was also buggy as hell and the combat lacked the finesse and weight of a From Software game. Oh, and 99% of the aesthetic collectibles looked crap, so I pretty much just stuck with the same outfit and lightsaber combination throughout.

Let From Software do a Star Wars game where you get to completely create your own Jedi or Sith and set it before Episode One, well before if that allows more creative freedom.

Edited by Ginko
  • Like 1

• 3 months later...
  • 1 year later...

I've put a few hours in to this now, it's OK, I'm not sure if I enjoy it yet but it's definitley interesting enough to keep me going, it's got some well designed levels 

I think it's overly busy, not like ubisoft games but with traversal mechanics, maybe I'll have to go back to uncharted to see what the difference was but that got away with it (apart from the sliding bits in Scotland) this feels littered with pipes to walk across, walks to run along, slidey bits, ropes etc it's not as smooth as uncharted or tomb raider 

What I would say it does better than uncharted is the level layout doesn't make it feel like one arena leading to another and the exploration feels more rewarding with the short cuts etc 

• 7 months later...

Star Wars Jedi: Survivor is said to be released April 28th. I hope it's true. This is the first game I've ever waited for, really. I mean, I started to play PS4 rather late, 8 years ago, and when I discovered Uncharted they had already released all 4 games plus Legacy, RDRII was the first one for me, and so on. And now I have had my PS4 stored for almost 3 months waiting for our house to be finished so we can move in and I can create my own man cave. :) Anyway, loved Fallen Order and I'm really looking forward to this. Released before a long weekend means I might finish it in a couple of days, though.

• Like 1

On 09/02/2023 at 11:47, Pelle said:

Star Wars Jedi: Survivor is said to be released April 28th. I hope it's true. This is the first game I've ever waited for, really. I mean, I started to play PS4 rather late, 8 years ago, and when I discovered Uncharted they had already released all 4 games plus Legacy, RDRII was the first one for me, and so on. And now I have had my PS4 stored for almost 3 months waiting for our house to be finished so we can move in and I can create my own man cave. :) Anyway, loved Fallen Order and I'm really looking forward to this. Released before a long weekend means I might finish it in a couple of days, though.

Allegedly it will require 130gb of storage - that’s one big game!

it looks awesome and my lad has just bought a PS5 with this game in mind.

• Thanks 1

On 11/02/2023 at 16:26, theboyangel said:

Allegedly it will require 130gb of storage - that’s one big game!

it looks awesome and my lad has just bought a PS5 with this game in mind.

That means I will have to do some cleaning up on my disc. If that is the right words, but I think you know what I mean. :P I really look forward to this game, and even more so now that it seems to be a bigger game than the last one. If I had any objection to that one it was a bit too short. Damn, no matter how I put it I make it sound like a dialogue from one of @rjw63's favourite films. :) 

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Pelle said:

That means I will have to do some cleaning up on my disc. If that is the right words, but I think you know what I mean. :P I really look forward to this game, and even more so now that it seems to be a bigger game than the last one. If I had any objection to that one it was a bit too short. Damn, no matter how I put it I make it sound like a dialogue from one of @rjw63's favourite films. :) 

No idea what you're referring to my old Scando chum.

It can't be Star Boreszzzzzzzzzzz though.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, rjw63 said:

No idea what you're referring to my old Scando chum.

It can't be Star Boreszzzzzzzzzzz though.

More about how I referred to the games that I like that the new one is bigger and the worst thing with the first game was that it was too short and, well, you know what I mean. :) 

• 2 months later...
On 14/02/2023 at 14:50, Pelle said:

I read somewhere that it is not beeing released on ps4. I preordered it a few days back,and that store did not have a ps4 option. So i think you have to invest in a ps5. No shortage of them here in Norway anymore,so if it is like that in UK,you at least dont have to buy an overprized one :)

Edited by fleksnes
  • Sad 1

20 hours ago, villarule123 said:

Another **** up AAA release on the PC, doesn't sound much better on consoles either. Seriously, this trend of releasing broken games needs to stop. 

Though it took me years (and the absolute rock-bottom that was day 1 No Man's Sky) to get there, finally getting myself to a place where I don't care enough to grab stuff until months (sometimes years) after release really has paid dividends and if you can ever bring yourself to do so, it's worth it.  You don't pay the eye-gouging release RRPs (I've sworn a creed to myself I will never pay more than £50 for a game, ever), you can generally pick up GOTY editions with all the post-release DLC for a decent price and crucially, most bugs are patched by the 6-month post-release marker (with the exception of FIFA obviously, what with "**** you and eat shit forever" being the EA mantra).

19 minutes ago, GarethRDR said:

Though it took me years (and the absolute rock-bottom that was day 1 No Man's Sky) to get there, finally getting myself to a place where I don't care enough to grab stuff until months (sometimes years) after release really has paid dividends and if you can ever bring yourself to do so, it's worth it.  You don't pay the eye-gouging release RRPs (I've sworn a creed to myself I will never pay more than £50 for a game, ever), you can generally pick up GOTY editions with all the post-release DLC for a decent price and crucially, most bugs are patched by the 6-month post-release marker (with the exception of FIFA obviously, what with "**** you and eat shit forever" being the EA mantra).

Yeah, I rarely buy a game for more than a tenner these days, my backlog is so big that it would take me years to run out of games anyway. 

Luckily on the PC you can get a refund on Steam at the click of a button if you have under two hours played in the game. 

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
On 23/04/2023 at 18:12, fleksnes said:

I read somewhere that it is not beeing released on ps4. I preordered it a few days back,and that store did not have a ps4 option. So i think you have to invest in a ps5. No shortage of them here in Norway anymore,so if it is like that in UK,you at least dont have to buy an overprized one :)

I can't afford a PS5 right now. My economy got really f**ked up this year. A long story. But I hope I can buy it online later this summer. 

• Like 1

Â