Aston Villa Women

mikeyp102

Ok. Watched the coverage. How the ref didn't give that penalty shout to Daly is beyond understanding. 

It's so unfortunate. If the pen is given, the game plays out differently and Hanson's challenge, which was only a minute or so later, doesn't happen.

Those are the breaks you need.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, bobzy said:

That looks like a really poor goal to concede.

I keep watching it and expecting the keeper to actually dive and tip it round the post. But then from the other angles it just looks a very well placed header considering Williams was back peddling and stretching. Maybe the positioning was a little off but always frustrating when you see goals happen in slow motion.

Hanson suspension is annoying, the start to the season we've been dealt fixture wise is annoying enough, but to have Hanson unavailable for the two games where we have the best chance of getting wins, Liverpool and Spurs, makes it worse, three game ban means she's going to miss over ten percent of the league season, which seems excessive to me.

Shows why it was so important to strengthen our attack in the summer, I presume one of Leon or Salmon will come in and offer an attacking threat, but with Hanson it's not just about her attacking play, her pressing, tracking back, and ability to win the ball back is phenomenal, those attributes led to a few goals for us last season as well as stopping opposition attacks, its why even though up until Christmas she only had one assist to her name and no goals, she was still one of our key players.

Hopefully Dali will be back as soon as possible

Sounds like Liverpool dominating early on, five shots to one for us, I'm surprised by how defensive we've gone, could understand it against Man Utd, but today thought we could go back to playing with two attacking midfielders as we played all last season with Blindkilde and Dali or Nobbs and Dali. Both Dali and Hanson missing is a big miss, our two most dangerous players in the final third last season other than Daly, and then when you add Pacheco to that that's three of our best players out.

Â