Aston Villa Women

mikeyp102

Netherlands knocked out in the quarter finals by Spain, although I note our new keeper, Daphne van Domselaar, was voted player of the match on the BBC with a score of 7.95. Hopefully she'll continue her form for our forthcoming season.

5 minutes ago, Farlz said:

Patten and Hanson returning on Permanent deals, Parker another solid option for defence and I think an improvement in net with Van Domselaar.

Really good recruitment yet again from the club. 

If Man Utd decide to let Mason Greenwood back into the fold, I could see a number of their women's team asking to leave. Could be options there...

Wasn't expecting Hanson deal to happen this soon, great that she's back, another sign of how far we've come as we've essentially signed a player who was one of the best attackers in the WSL last season, only four players got more goals and assists combined, and she has so much more to her game than just those stats as well.

Also another top young signing as well, previous to this summer all our high profile signings had been in their thirties, but now we're signng top players in their early to mid twenties, van Domselaar Netherlands No.1 and turned down PSG to sign for us, Lucy Parker was in England squad a couple of months ago and turned down Man City, Anna Patten recent England U23 captain, and we know how good she is, and now Kirsty Hanson.

Will probably two or three more, and looks like we're signing top players at academy level too.

• Like 4

Nice answer from McLoughlin about her loan to small heath

VERSUS: Do you feel like that loan move gave you a new outlook on football?

Olivia: Yeah! I think it’s really important to get minutes at my age, and I also think when I was away it made me realise just how much I love Villa, and the passion I have for the club off the pitch as well as on it.

Versus

• Thanks 1

'I also think when I was away it made me realised just how much I love Villa, you know, people seem more normal somehow and fewer off-putting odours, plus no-one here goes on and on about drinking in town or the Leyland DAF Cup Final'

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Looks like Man Utd going for Kerolin as Hanson replacement, if they're not signing katie Robinson then she would be a good option for us if we want another winger, and would fit the profile of signings we've made so far.

Laura Blindkilde nominated alongside Maya Le Tissier, Lauren Hemp, Lauren James, Katie Robinson, and MIssy Bo Kearns, she won't win it, but to be nominated alongside those names shows how well she's doing, at nineteen she's also comfortably the youngest on the list. Underrated player, and going to get better, probably future England international.

47 minutes ago, useless said:

Laura Blindkilde nominated alongside Maya Le Tissier, Lauren Hemp, Lauren James, Katie Robinson, and MIssy Bo Kearns, she won't win it, but to be nominated alongside those names shows how well she's doing, at nineteen she's also comfortably the youngest on the list. Underrated player, and going to get better, probably future England international.

how old is she

Â