Aston Villa Women

mikeyp102

Lost 3-0, disappointing to lose a quarter-final but that scoreline wouldn't have been a surprise away to Arsenal even if we'd have had our full team available, with all the defenders we had missing and defensive midfielders it probably could have been a lot worse.

Flyde should be a good game on Sunday, a chance to get through to the next round, and to get another confidence boosting win before a run of games in the WSL where we should be capable of picking up a decent amount of points.

Edited by useless

U21s beat third placed Durham the other day to go six points clear at the top of the league, although small heath in second place have two games in hand. Georgia Mullett scored two of the goals and has been on the first team bench a few times this season, I imagine there's a good chance she will be involved against Fylde.

• Like 2

Annoyingly doesn't look like today's FA Cup game against Fylde is going to be streamed anywhere, seeing the 6pm kick-off time I had presumed that was so it could be shown on TV.

Some fascinating fixutures, will be interesting to see how Wolves and Albion get on against West Ham and Brighton, I suspect they will be doing well not to be on the receiving end of heavy defeats, if Arsenal put out a strong team against Leeds that could be a big score.

1 hour ago, useless said:

Annoyingly doesn't look like today's FA Cup game against Fylde is going to be streamed anywhere, seeing the 6pm kick-off time I had presumed that was so it could be shown on TV.

Some fascinating fixutures, will be interesting to see how Wolves and Albion get on against West Ham and Brighton, I suspect they will be doing well not to be on the receiving end of heavy defeats, if Arsenal put out a strong team against Leeds that could be a big score.

It would be interesting to know why this and the last home cup game are 6pm Sunday kick offs. Seems a bit odd if not televised as not exactly the best time for supporters.

7 minutes ago, useless said:

I recall reading that Walsall have a market at their ground and just looking it up it seems it's on a Sunday, so I'm guessing that's the reason for the later kick-offs when we play Sunday.

That makes sense, cheers.

Hampton, McLoughlin, Patten, Corsie, Turner, Staniforth, Dali, Blindkilde, Lehmann, Daly, Gielnik

Subs: Draper, Mayling, Pacheco, Shaw, Hanson, Mullett

Very strong line-up

Edited by useless
  • Like 1

Â