Ezri Konsa

MaVilla

1 hour ago, supermon said:

Surely Konsa would have already had a scan at the time of initial injury which would have shown an ACL injury then?

I'm not saying it's completely impossible to do your ACL sliding into a post but it would take our bad luck to ridiculous new levels.

I find this hard to believe on a number of levels.

Edited by Deano & Dalian's Umbrella
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Deano & Dalian's Umbrella said:

Surely Konsa would have already had a scan at the time of initial injury which would have shown an ACL injury then?

I'm not saying it's completely impossible to do your ACL sliding into a post but it would take our bad luck to ridiculous new levels.

I find this hard to believe on a number of levels.

Yep he would’ve already had that scan imo so sounds like something trying to get attention on Twitter.  The club wouldn’t wait that long.

He’s not a clout chaser, that’s Justin from the UTV podcast (lead by Luke Robinson)… proper fans who make great content and go to the majority of games… usually very positive and upbeat too…

Just hope he’s heard wrong or been given false information…

• Like 4

8 minutes ago, Jas10 said:

He’s not a clout chaser, that’s Justin from the UTV podcast (lead by Luke Robinson)… proper fans who make great content and go to the majority of games… usually very positive and upbeat too…

Posting rumours is the very definition of clout chasing though. They should know better. 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Jas10 said:

So why doesn’t he check when it doesn’t sound real given the length of time after the incident happened and post a defeat.  Certainly looking for attention!

Would take the Villa physio to new incompetency level if they missed an ACL tear during scans 😂

Justin seems like a passionate fan but not immune to tweeting for engagement. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, DJBOB said:

Would take the Villa physio to new incompetency level if they missed an ACL tear during scans 😂

Unai got rid of the entire medical staff a few months ago and replaced them all with Spanish staff, or at least I've been told they are all Spanish.

I have no idea if any of them were / are any good or not.

• Shocked 1

Unai got rid of the entire medical staff a few months ago and replaced them all with Spanish staff, or at least I've been told they are all Spanish.

I have no idea if any of them were / are any good or not.

Surely that’s out of unais control? Medical staff?

5 minutes ago, DJBOB said:

To be fair, it would be the radiologist's job to spot this, not the physio.

Although about 25 years ago, I remember the Chelsea doctor saying that football club's scanning everything was taking the skill away from medical staff diagnosis injuries like ACLs and I don't think he was wrong.

1 minute ago, IrishVilla10 said:

Surely that’s out of unais control? Medical staff?

What I can tell you from my own observation is that the doctor and physio running on the pitch are not the same doctor and physio as a few months ago.

And I was told by a backroom staff member they had all been replaced with Spanish staff, even the dietician.

Edited by Deano & Dalian's Umbrella
  • Like 1

To be fair, it would be the radiologist's job to spot this, not the physio.

Although about 25 years ago, I remember the Chelsea doctor saying that football club's scanning everything was taking the skill away from medical staff diagnosis injuries like ACLs and I don't think he was wrong.

Nah can you go back to saying it was just an MCL injury. I felt better about it that way. 

• Haha 1

Hoping he’s been misinformed (just sharing what he’s heard)…

My hope and expectation was that we would be much improved and go on a good run again once we restored the Pau & Ezri partnership…

Crazy how many challenges we have had to overcome, killer injuries…

• Like 1

1 minute ago, TRO said:

Funny how its always, key players.

Not all that surprising that the players who play the most minutes get injured…

It’s why we need a good squad, so we can rest and rotate effectively…

-

The weird thing with this though, is that it’s so random and unfortunate… if Ezri hadn’t have gone for the ball and tried to score, he wouldn’t have collided with the post 🤦‍♂️ just bad luck 

Edited by Jas10

Â