Hotels/Locations

Kingman

Seeing as it's a bank holiday was thinking about making a weekend of it. 

Any recommended hotels/locations without breaking the Bank.

What's everyone's plans?.. 

Flying into Luton Sunday night and staying near the airport, try and get into Wembley nice and early (unlike last year's rush) 

Staying in Croydon on Monday night to catch a Tuesday morning flight home from Gatwick. 

What pre match pubs are people going to? 

I've booked a B&B in Harrow. It's only 3 miles from the stadium and only cost £65 for a twin room which includes breakfast. 

I went on bookings.com and searched Wembley. There are quite a few reasonably priced places on there. 

Edited by av1

33 minutes ago, kiltorken said:

What pre match pubs are people going to? 

The Green Man will be great. 

Was hoping to come across a ticket for this but highly unlikely.

Instead, toying with heading to Wembley now anyway and making a day of it down there and find a good pub showing the game and join in the atmosphere.

Get the early train which goes direct to London which only takes an hour.

Anyone else venturing down planning similar?

1 hour ago, AvfcRigo82 said:

Was hoping to come across a ticket for this but highly unlikely.

Instead, toying with heading to Wembley now anyway and making a day of it down there and find a good pub showing the game and join in the atmosphere.

Get the early train which goes direct to London which only takes an hour.

Anyone else venturing down planning similar?

Yeah this is my plan exactly, I'll take the night bus from Amsterdam arriving Monday morning, heading back home on the same bus late in the evening. Chances of getting a ticket, at least for a ok price, seems less than slim but I'm going anyway as I really want to spend that day with the rest of the Villa faithful! So hoping there will be a big crowd watching in a pub somewhere near the ground.

Will the above mentioned Green man also show the match? I was there before the FA cup final a few years back to enjoy some pre-match atmosphere,  which was great, but I ended up watching the game alone somewhere closer to city center. Dont remember why, maybe I had some other reasons for heading there , but can't recall seeing any screens at the Green man that day.... 

On 15/05/2019 at 18:44, av1 said:

...... if you don't want to get near the bar and want to bask in the aroma of piss !!!

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

On 15/05/2019 at 18:44, av1 said:

Yep. Assuming we get allocated The Green Man that's where I'll be going.

Great atmosphere in there.

The pub itself is an utter shit hole. But it's worth it for the huge beer garden.

On 15/05/2019 at 15:20, Kingman said:

Seeing as it's a bank holiday was thinking about making a weekend of it. 

Any recommended hotels/locations without breaking the Bank.

What's everyone's plans?.. 

Still looking for a decent pub/bar near Wembley and make a day of it there is the initial plan. Are you heading down mate?

Just looked at the Green Man and it looks like something out of The Krays era and the food don't look that appealing either, so il be avoiding that and continue looking at what else is around there.

Anyone else know if anywhere decent?

• Like 1

21 hours ago, trom_borg said:

Yeah this is my plan exactly, I'll take the night bus from Amsterdam arriving Monday morning, heading back home on the same bus late in the evening. Chances of getting a ticket, at least for a ok price, seems less than slim but I'm going anyway as I really want to spend that day with the rest of the Villa faithful! So hoping there will be a big crowd watching in a pub somewhere near the ground.

Will the above mentioned Green man also show the match? I was there before the FA cup final a few years back to enjoy some pre-match atmosphere,  which was great, but I ended up watching the game alone somewhere closer to city center. Dont remember why, maybe I had some other reasons for heading there , but can't recall seeing any screens at the Green man that day.... 

I can't recall any screens there either, but can't be sure. I wouldn't have exactly been looking out for them.

Other people have suggested they do, but would be good for some confirmation.

• Like 1

Just now, AvfcRigo82 said:

Still looking for a decent pub/bar near Wembley and make a day of it there is the initial plan. Are you heading down mate?

Just looked at the Green Man and it looks like something out of The Krays era and the food don't look that appealing either, so il be avoiding that and continue looking at what else is around there.

Good lord. Do not eat there!

To be clear, the Green Man is a place to go and stand in a beer garden and drink with thousands of other villa fans.

It's not a place to have a nice meal or a quiet drink inside :D 

• Haha 1

Just now, Stevo985 said:

Good lord. Do not eat there!

To be clear, the Green Man is a place to go and stand in a beer garden and drink with thousands of other villa fans.

It's not a place to have a nice meal or a quiet drink inside :D 

Like you say, if it's what we are allocated then that could very well be the place to go..

Have you been there a few times then Stevo?

11 minutes ago, AvfcRigo82 said:

Like you say, if it's what we are allocated then that could very well be the place to go..

Have you been there a few times then Stevo?

I've been there twice pre-game.

It's excellent as a prematch boozer. But like I said it's for pissed up football fans. And the actual pub is a shit hole to be blunt. The toilets are disgusting. Last year there was a guy lying on the sofa in the bar covered in sick and it was about 30 degrees inside so it absolutely stank.

Luckily outside they have a couple of bars and a huge beer garden/outside space. So you can avoid going in all together and just stand in the sun having a drink.

If you're going there with the lads then go for it. If you're going there with the other half or your family I'd probably suggest somewhere else.

Edited by Stevo985
  • Like 3

32 minutes ago, AvfcRigo82 said:

Yeah I'm staying in Camden then heading up, I've got Club Wembley tickets but still waiting confirmation if they include the food/drinks package. 

If they don't then will be heading to the arch, Was banging last season beer garden, bbq, disco etc All Villa allocated pub. 

• Like 1

Because we have the West End of the stadium again then the usual Policing process is to allocate pubs in said location so the following should be Villa...

The Green Man, Dagmar Avenue, Wembley, HA9 8DF
Blue Room, 53 Wembley Hill Road, Wembley, HA9 8BE
Liquor Station, 379 High Road, Wembley, HA9 6AA
JJ Moons, 397 High Road, Wembley, HA9 7DT
Thirsty Eddie’s, 412 High Road, Wembley, HA9 6AH
Masti, 576 - 582 High Road, Wembley, HA0 2AA
Flannery’s Bar, 610 High Road, Wembley, HA0 2AF
Station 31 (Speakeasy), 299 -303 Harrow Road, Wembley, HA9 6BD
The Corner House (Mannions), 313 Harrow Road, Wembley, HA9 6BA
The Arch, 324 Harrow Road, Wembley, HA9 8LL
Fusilier, 652 Harrow Road, Wembley, HA0 2HA
The Copper Jug, 10 The Broadway, Wembley, HA9 8JU
Holiday Inn, Empire Way, HA9 8DS
St George Hotel , 43 -51 Wembley Hill Road, HA9 8AU
Ibis Hotel, South Way, Wembley, HA9 8AD
Best Western Hotel, 365 Wembley High Road, HA9 6AY
Events Pad – Fan Zone, Wembley Park Boulevard 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Went to the Green Man last year and couldn't get anywhere near any of the bars (even the outside ones), so we headed off to the local 'offie' got a few cans and drank them on the 'green' off Wembley Hill Road.  It was a red hot day so that was fine, not sure what we're going to do if its raining this year, other than get wet of course!

UTV

If anyone with a spare ticket is struggling to find somewhere to stay, let me know. Only half an hour to Wembley from my house.

(this is undoubtedly a trap)

I'm staying in a hotel in southern Turkey! It isn't convenient for Wembley. 
It's an all inclusive hotel though, so I might die. 

Having said that, I reckon it's cheaper to take the family there than for me to go to the game. Still wish I was going though.

I have just booked the Sunday night in the Holiday Inn for me and Mrs Imavillan. Its right next door to the stadium 😀

Travel down on Sunday, check in the hotel while the Charlton/Sunderland game is on then get the tube into central London for a few beers. Come back to Wembley when they've all buggered off home. Find a bar, bite to eat, few more beers, hotel few more beers and then zzzzzzzzz......

It will make Monday a nice leisurely day. Breakfast, a wonder round the stadium. Back to the hotel bar for a few and an easy stroll to the stadium.

Any other VTers staying there???????

Any other VTers drinking there before the game???????

Â