Derby v Sheff Utd 5.30pm SS3 

EFL on Quest 9pm 

Sunday 

Premier League 

Super Sunday 

Everton v Palace  4pm SS2

MOTD 2 10.30pm 

3rd friday night game of the season for boro

hour and 40 minutes between boro and sheffield, i would say realistically if you worked until 5 - 5.30pm, half hour after work to get home shower changed, you would do well to make it by 7.45 with the match day traffic, shouldnt be allowed, no one wants it

30 minutes ago, Genie said:

I love watching Friday night games on the TV

how do you feel about booking a day off work to go to an away game?

to be fair our first one i think is vs the baggies in a few weeks so in theory you dont need to book it off but i know thats a spoons at 9am special kind of day

1 hour ago, villa4europe said:

3rd friday night game of the season for boro

hour and 40 minutes between boro and sheffield, i would say realistically if you worked until 5 - 5.30pm, half hour after work to get home shower changed, you would do well to make it by 7.45 with the match day traffic, shouldnt be allowed, no one wants it

Villa vs Newcastle has been on many a midweek for a long time. They dont care for the fans

1 hour ago, villa4europe said:

how do you feel about booking a day off work to go to an away game?

to be fair our first one i think is vs the baggies in a few weeks so in theory you dont need to book it off but i know thats a spoons at 9am special kind of day

I very rarely go to away games so I wouldn’t need to book any days off.

I’d have no issue at all going to VP on a Friday night. Keeps my Saturday free too ?

Very quiet in here today, I guess that’s due to the anticipation of Smith’s first game.

Quick musings -

Jose decided to have a subdued return to Chelsea I see. 

Big win for Cardiff in what will likely turn out to be a relegation six pointer. 

Man City, as you were.

Wasn’t expecting Wolves to lose at home to Watford who have looked a bit ropey of late.

Yay Blackburn

Yay Wigan

Yay Derby

Booo Stoke

2 hours ago, Shropshire Lad said:

Very quiet in here today, I guess that’s due to the anticipation of Smith’s first game.

I think it's because no one cares about Premier League football anymore!  Its a different world for us now. 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Xela said:

I think it's because no one cares about Premier League football anymore!  Its a different world for us now. 

That’s fair enough but this thread isn’t exclusively premier league. I’m sure it was getting a bit more traffic last season.

Just now, Shropshire Lad said:

That’s fair enough but this thread isn’t exclusively premier league. I’m sure it was getting a bit more traffic last season.

Yeah it was just a flippant reply from me :D

From a personal level I've barely taken a passing interest in football this season. Its a shame really as I used to love the game at all levels. Now I just keep an eye out for the Villa result. I get more enjoyment out of the NFL nowadays

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Xela said:

Yeah it was just a flippant reply from me :D

From a personal level I've barely taken a passing interest in football this season. Its a shame really as I used to love the game at all levels. Now I just keep an eye out for the Villa result. I get more enjoyment out of the NFL nowadays

I get that (well, except the NFL bit to be honest). 

I keep up to date with the developments at Villa, I’ll keep an eye on the match thread if I can’t watch the game. But I don’t let the result define my weekend like I used to. Particularly the bad results.

The interest or “entertainment” I take from other football increasingly centres on the off field debacles and sometimes farcical narratives that accompany the actual football.

• Like 1

People criticise our fans a lot about being impatient. However, just watching the EFL highlights. At the end of the Brentford game you can hear boos coming from the crowd. Very harsh for someone in his first game, something we would never do. I bet the media don’t mention that though 

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â