The Apprentice 2018

andykeenan

Starts tonight 9pm 

Week 1

The teams fly to Valletta in Malta, for a day-long shopping spree. The challenge is to bag nine Maltese items for the lowest possible prices before reuniting at the airport at 7pm.

One team quickly hits the road, but they are clearly on the wrong track. On the other team, fiery personality clashes over negotiations quickly rock the boat. As both teams navigate their way to the finish, one takes a punt by returning with items missing, while disregarding the deadline leaves the others facing mutiny.

In a heated first boardroom, Lord Sugar doles out hefty fines and on the losing team and someone becomes the first to be fired.

I'll probably watch it .. undoubtedly I'll be screaming at the TV about how retarded they all are  .. must be series 13 now , if you don't know what's required to win this game then you really should be flown out to Switzerland with a one way ticket ...

but you know the billy big bollocks salesman isn't going to listen and that  the woman will hate each other because one of them is pretty and one of them wore the same colour blouse in the house

Edited by tonyh29
  • Haha 2

I shall watch it for Valletta, lived there for a short while before I moved to Sliema for a very slightly longer short while.

Let's see if they can blag business class* on Air Malta every single time they fly. Like, everytime. 

Exclusive use of the business class lounge** with a digital clock to let you know how long the flight is delayed. Free nuts.

**waiting area with sufficient seating

6 hours ago, MickeyC_UTV said:

OMFG!! What a bunch of clearings in the woods, glad miss botox lips has gone though regardless if she was good or not

The gobby northern one normally goes a lot further than the first week, so I was delighted she got booted.  I only really watch it because it's a tradition with my mate but I'm really struggling to find the motivation to watch it this time round.

Week 2 

Lord Sugar reveals that the candidates are to create a brand new comic aimed at eight- to 12-year-olds. They need to invent a new comic name, main character and original story as well as design a dynamic front cover using cutting-edge AR.With comics printed overnight, they need to pitch to leading industry figures to secure orders. The task balances creative flair with productive pitching, and the team that forgets either could face a graphic showdown in the boardroom.

3 hours ago, andykeenan said:

Week 2 

Lord Sugar reveals that the candidates are to create a brand new comic aimed at eight- to 12-year-olds. They need to invent a new comic name, main character and original story as well as design a dynamic front cover using cutting-edge AR.With comics printed overnight, they need to pitch to leading industry figures to secure orders. The task balances creative flair with productive pitching, and the team that forgets either could face a graphic showdown in the boardroom.

This one sounds different to anything we have seen before. This could be interesting episode 

interesting only in that it showed the actor bloke can't act  and that there is someone on this planet who hasn't heard of Kim Jong Un

on the plus side , it showed that the women are capable of running a task with out screeching at each other  , finally a semi positive portrayal of them

20 hours ago, tonyh29 said:

interesting only in that it showed the actor bloke can't act  and that there is someone on this planet who hasn't heard of Kim Jong Un

on the plus side , it showed that the women are capable of running a task with out screeching at each other  , finally a semi positive portrayal of them

It won't last tone. Always ends up the same with egos and trying to take control.

I have to say I thought the girls one was disaster and worse than the boys. How can they win with all those typos and a tiny bit of French? That was completely mis leading 

On 11/10/2018 at 11:45, tonyh29 said:

I haven't seen much of this series. I only saw the last half an hour of the episode you're talking about.

That actor bloke is an utter utter bellend. Everything he does annoys me. Thick as two short planks too.

Also the PM for the ladies appeared to be following the textbook on "how to be a terrible project manager". If they hadn't have won, she'd have been sacked no question.

Week 3

Lord Sugar summons the candidates to an 18th-century tidal mill in the heart of London's East End for their third task. The candidates are challenged to manufacture and sell upmarket doughnuts to both a corporate client and the public. One half of each team researches flavours, while the rest set out to bag a bespoke order from a corporate client. For one team, a decision to add spice turns up the heat, while on the other, using teabags causes tension. In the kitchen, a strategy to prioritise volume over quality control results in doughnut chaos, while the rival team face a lack of direction and a tricky corporate order.

Â