Which player would you hate to lose the most ?

BOF

Which player would you hate to lose the most ?  

177 members have voted

1. 1. Which player would you hate to lose the most ?

• Gabriel Agbonlahor
    • John Carew
    • Gareth Barry
    • Ashley Young
    • Martin Laursen
    • Olof Mellberg
    • Other (specify)
    • Don't care

Ashley Young for me too.

Laursen is awesome, our best defender and International/World class but Mellberg, Davies, Knight and Cahill would have the position covered to some extent. A big miss, but contained because of the other players we have.

Whereas Young is our midfields creative force at the moment, take him out and our midfield suddenly looks pretty one dimensional and flat again.

Yes agree with that. Every week I go to a game I pray that Young remains injury free he would be impossible to replace IMO. The finest winger we have had at VP for 25 years.

Laursen, fabulous though he is I think we can replace if we haven't already

I really can't decide.

In the here and now it's Laursen and perhaps Barry and Young

For the future it would be Barry, Young and Gabby.

So, I really don't know who to put....

Laursen it is.

Ashley Young for me too.

Laursen is awesome, our best defender and International/World class but Mellberg, Davies, Knight and Cahill would have the position covered to some extent. A big miss, but contained because of the other players we have.

Whereas Young is our midfields creative force at the moment, take him out and our midfield suddenly looks pretty one dimensional and flat again.

Yes agree with that. Every week I go to a game I pray that Young remains injury free he would be impossible to replace IMO. The finest winger we have had at VP for 25 years.

Laursen, fabulous though he is I think we can replace if we haven't already

I guess you mean Davies

I guess you mean Davies

That's my worry. That MON thinks we can do without ML. Maybe we can, maybe we can't. I just don't want to find out, and I really don't think we can.

This is incredible frankly. And I'm delighted with the current result. I never imagined a 30-year old wonky -kneed defender would keep up with a sh1t-hot winger worth a fortune but that's just what ML is doing :D

I think people are being harsh on Gab, I think he's already someone we can't afford to lose. Come a long way in such a short space of time, got a good attitude the staff say and I remember in an interview they said he's always listening and learning, I'd hate to lose him, very few limits on what he could achieve with his talents.

I'd go with Barry, losing him would actually turn my whole stomach.

Ashley Young and Gabby Agbonlahor are rough diamonds (as you'd expect considering how old they are). Barry and Laursen are the finished article though, so I'm gonna flip a coin and go with Barry. It'd be a tougher decision if Young didn't fall over at the slightest touch. :)

i voted laursen...just. young is also a player we cannot afford to lose. but our defence looks a shambles when laursens not there. whats the point of having great attcking players if you cant defend to sav your life.

prime example look at newcastle

i voted laursen...just. young is also a player we cannot afford to lose. but our defence looks a shambles when laursens not there. whats the point of having great attcking players if you cant defend to sav your life.

prime example look at newcastle

Good argument. I went for Young due to his potential versus Laursen's age. But at the moment I reckon ML is our most important player for the reasons you give, definately.

Very tough choice. I went for Gabby for a couple of reasons. He's a bit of my favourite, I really think he's going places. Somehow I just feel it. Or see it. Anyway, as stated before, selling him or Young would be sending the wrong signals. I think he's a very important player for our future.

Laursen would of course be a blow to us, but with his dodgy knees you never know anyway. He's nowhere near God anyway.

Laursen because he is simply our best player.

At this moment, at this stage of the season, we cannot afford to lose Laursen. I agree with tommbybo.

This is a very interesting poll, btw - look forward to seeing how it pans out.

Umm well there are a few different points of view for this question. Who would I hate to lose now? or Who would I hate to lose for our long term plans.

Who I would hate to lose now would be Martin Laursen....quite simply he has just been playing out of his arse right now.

Who would I hate to lose in the long term? Gareth Barry...He's a legend, he's established himself at the club and now in England. He's still young in this day and age and his leadership qualities are immense.

Must also realized, Laursen could very well still be injury prone and might, just might be playing for a big contract. THere are a ton of players who sign on to large contracts and have done squat.

Â