UFC/Pride/MMA

Gabby15

Griffin, a word removed?

Whaaaaat?

Heard from a few people that have met him that he's an absolute rocket polisher. Think's he's someone great and is above everyone. I'd want Ando to win anyway...

I think you've got mixed up between Floyd Mayweather Jr. and Forrest Griffin there. One of my mates went to a signing and said he stopped to talk to anyone who wanted to, had pictures and wrote whatever messages they wanted. Top bloke by his account, and by every interview and report on him other than yours that I've seen.

Any particualr reason you chose Floyd? Just asking as i've been at his workout and he was great to everyone there and spent time after to give a talk to the people locked outside (like me :lol: ). Perhaps it was just a bad day for Griffin.

I chose him because last month he said this:

"“You can’t take my shoes off, and take my shirt off and throw me in a cage. You do that with animals, you don’t do that with humans,” said a bold Mayweather. “It takes true skills to be in the sport of boxing.”

While Mayweather probably should have stopped his brash statements there — he didn’t, saying MMA was created by white fighters who couldn’t cut it in the ring.

“In boxing, we know who’s dominating. Black fighters and Hispanic fighters is dominating in this sport,” Mayweather continued. “And this is not a racial statement but there’s no white fighters in boxing that’s dominating, so they had to go to something else and start something new.”

He said this despite the fact that of all the world title belts in boxing for weights 154lb (where most MMA companies start their belts) and above, only 2 belts are held by black fighters compared to 18 held by white fighters and 5 by 'hispanic' fighters and 3 of them are white Spaniards/Argentinians rather than south Americans. MMA is actually more dominated by black fighters than boxing is.

He really does talk some utter, utter rubbish. Would Forrest Griffin question the integrity of another sport due to it being dominated by a different race to him despite the facts showing he's just an idiot? No.

I chose him because last month he said this:

"“You can’t take my shoes off, and take my shirt off and throw me in a cage. You do that with animals, you don’t do that with humans,” said a bold Mayweather. “It takes true skills to be in the sport of boxing.”

While Mayweather probably should have stopped his brash statements there — he didn’t, saying MMA was created by white fighters who couldn’t cut it in the ring.

“In boxing, we know who’s dominating. Black fighters and Hispanic fighters is dominating in this sport,” Mayweather continued. “And this is not a racial statement but there’s no white fighters in boxing that’s dominating, so they had to go to something else and start something new.”

He said this despite the fact that of all the world title belts in boxing for weights 154lb (where most MMA companies start their belts) and above, only 2 belts are held by black fighters compared to 18 held by white fighters and 5 by 'hispanic' fighters and 3 of them are white Spaniards/Argentinians rather than south Americans. MMA is actually more dominated by black fighters than boxing is.

He really does talk some utter, utter rubbish. Would Forrest Griffin question the integrity of another sport due to it being dominated by a different race to him despite the facts showing he's just an idiot? No.

if a white boxer came out and said this shit there would killing,he'd be **** out of the sport..Mayweather you always where a rocket polisher..

Anderson is so utterly utterly fantastic. He just took Griffin apart. The last jab was just the icing that finished the job.

"I heard his jaw was dislocated very early in the fight…then he took several more punches to the jaw. Apparently he can’t hear out of the ear on that side either. He left the octagon because he needed medical attention asap. At first they thought his jaw was broken, then said it was dislocated."

Confirmed by: telegraph.co.uk

"Griffin had been taken to the hospital for checks, unable to hear in one ear, and in order to get his jaw checked."

**** me!!!!

The other fights presented no real upsets other than maybe Sadollah who was stopped a bit early maybe. Penn is firmly back at 155. Great fight against a very dangerous Florian and a beautiful choke to finish.

I also liked what I saw of Sotiropoulos. Ace groundgame.

And Grove..hahahahah! Da Spyder :lol:

Laites was apparently boring again and lost to Sakara. Bye bye contract I think.

oh, and Anderson must stay at 205 now after the Henderson rematch. There's nothing left for him at 185

Average event I thought. The Griffin knockout was pretty embarassing. I know he was **** up by that point but still it will look bad on highlight reels to come..

THought that TKO decision early on with Hendricks was a bit debateable.

Coupld of dull fights in there though. That Grove bloke, the really skinny one, had a shit fight, and that pellegrino fight was pretty dull too.

but Silva and Penn were dominant. I wish the Griffin and Silva fight had gone on for a bit longer as it was entertaining while it lasted.

Knocked out by a flimsy jab :crylaugh:

You do know his (Griffin's) jaw was fully dislocated by that point though?

And?

People have fought with broken jaws before.

Knocked out by a jab thrown by a guy going backwards :lol:

Anderson Silva is just too damn good. The best fighter by far in the UFC - it's just effortless and a high skill level.

Glad to see Penn won, pretty much dominated Florian. A shame for Florian you could see him crying as he walked away from the ring, but Penn is awesome at that weight.

After I criticised Almeida he pulled a win out of the bag, Grove was pretty ineffective.

Pellegrino fought through a hard fight to win.

Unlucky for Sadollah, the referee robbed him maybe?

Griffin :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

According to an MMA website, his jaw wasn't dislocated either :lol::lol::lol::lol:

If his jaw wasn't dislocated then i'm really confused, griffen has been in some hard matches and never gave up before so i can't understand why he did in this match.

Silva looked amazing, he needed this fight after his dissapointing last one.

UFC is kind of getting boring when it comes to the champions, apart from the LHW division i just can't see any of the other current champions losing to anyone in their weight division.

WEC 42 live now if anyone's interested.

Damn, forgot about that. I wanna see Torres. Downloading now!

Torres reign as the Bantam champ ended in spectacular fashion. Bowles came out and Bispinged him in the first round. Good set of fights in the WEC. The lighter guys can really put on a show!

Â