NFL Fantasy Football 2018

Brumerican

13 hours ago, rjw63 said:

My opposition tonight has FIVE players out, and I'm still projecting to lose.

And lose I did, that's probably it for me. No enjoyment in a game you continually lose.

26 minutes ago, Milfner said:

Scoring system is terrible. Probably going to lose because a defense accounts for 1/4 of a team’s points ??‍♂️

Both that and RB scoring (points per carry) were raised before the season ?

7 hours ago, rjw63 said:

And lose I did, that's probably it for me. No enjoyment in a game you continually lose.

I don't usually get bummed out over this but after being served up a Villa, Jags & Fantasy triumvirate of shite I was wobbling ha.?

There's still time though, but every game is a cup final from now on.

9 hours ago, rjw63 said:

Your overall record is 71-74-1 so not too bad! Just having a bad run. Brady had a poor game which cost you. 

Looking at your team - Stills in for Robinson and Allen in for Yelden (once Fournette is back for Jags, Yelden will be less involved) and its a solid team. 

3-0 for me - despite my WR's doing naff all again. Amari Cooper has had his last chance - he's off! Anyone want him, what can you offer?

Cousins was on a minus score in the first half but came back to hit 60 points. Plus Gurley / Hyde at RB have been in great form. 

44 minutes ago, Xela said:

3-0 for me - despite my WR's doing naff all again. Amari Cooper has had his last chance - he's off! Anyone want him, what can you offer?

Cousins was on a minus score in the first half but came back to hit 60 points. Plus Gurley / Hyde at RB have been in great form. 

hqdefault.jpg

22 hours ago, StefanAVFC said:

Both that and RB scoring (points per carry) were raised before the season ?

What was the suggested alternative proposed and did you put it to the group to vote on for majority approval? 

Scoring has remained the same for years, i would have thought people would be used to it by now, unless it's just a few sour grapes when it goes against you?

9 minutes ago, kkr said:

What was the suggested alternative proposed and did you put it to the group to vote on for majority approval? 

Scoring has remained the same for years, i would have thought people would be used to it by now, unless it's just a few sour grapes when it goes against you?

I stated both in the thread. I've benefited from it and I still don't agree with it FWIW. Especially points for a carry.

What was the feedback from the group?  How many were in favour of the changes?

The scoring system is non-regular by design to provide a different challenge to the default Yahoo/general fantasy scoring.  It has been this way since the inception of the league, outside of the odd tweak, without a consensus to deviate or change from this.  If the majority want to revert to a regular format or tweak the rules in any way, i am happy to accommodate the majority.

Points per carry has been in since the inception of the league, if the majority want to revert to a regular format or tweak the rules in any way, i am happy to accommodate the majority.

• Like 2

52 minutes ago, kkr said:

The scoring system is non-regular by design to provide a different challenge to the default Yahoo/general fantasy scoring.  It has been this way since the inception of the league, outside of the odd tweak, without a consensus to deviate or change from this.  If the majority want to revert to a regular format or tweak the rules in any way, i am happy to accommodate the majority.

Points per carry has been in since the inception of the league, if the majority want to revert to a regular format or tweak the rules in any way, i am happy to accommodate the majority.

No, I just want my players to stop being shit :)

6 hours ago, kkr said:

I have no real input, other than to say that our scoring system seems to help those without a true and close understanding of the game, as about 50% of us are in that position I think as it's the same for everyone it's fair.  Less fair is losing all my previous results from the stats :) 

15 minutes ago, LancsVillan said:

I have no real input, other than to say that our scoring system seems to help those without a true and close understanding of the game, 

Me selecting my draft players

giphy.gif

• Haha 1

I don’t mind the scoring system. QB and DST points are a bit mad.

The PPC does also mean that if you pick up a work horse RB1 and can then find someone who becomes one for your RB2 you’re almost unstoppable. That being said a good WR, whilst inconsistent, can mirror those points. 

On RBs i have Dion Lewis, Cohen and Jones just sitting around doing not much if anyone wants one.....

Edited by sexbelowsound

Â