Strong City

villab0y

A defensive media operation is not the same as harrassing people to be converted. It would appear from Terry's last post that they fear some form of media backlash from the documentary which could have dire consequences for their community and so are trying to put their side of the story.

I also don't believe that it is an effort at conversion. I actually see it as self-righteous and self-congratulatory.

'Hey, we've have found the light and the one true path. Don't follow us if you don't want to but if you don't you are damned, without morals and lost.'

As for the dire consequences, it would seem that way though I believe the documentary was only screened last week and Mr Bent and his followers have been at the defence of their community on t'internet for longer than that. I posit that they have been 'earnestly seeking commentary on the net for Wayne' in order to slander those who have left their community and to tell us that they are right and we are wrong.

Thanks VB fot posting this in the General thread, I never would have seen it otherwise

To terry, simple question

As peopel know I am a confirmed athesit and there is nothing you can say to me that would ever make me come over to any religion.

So is it not true all religions only target the vulnerable or people looking for something missing in their lives ?

From what I can see, Terry has come on here to try and dispel some of the mistruths and liberties taken by the documentary maker. A tactic which, if it succeeded, could see the children being taken from their city. A film-makers tactic which we all acknowledge happens regularly. And that he (Terry) has been at pains when asked that he is not seeking nor would ever seek to convince anyone of anything. And despite this, a lot are coming on full of bluster with 'you wont convert me, I'm atheist dont ya know, oh you're so high and mighty' :lol: Terry has stayed because some of us have been curious. Let's not scare him away quite yet eh ?

all hokey cokey religions recruit the vulnerable thats how they operate, thats why they try and recruit young people

Can;t believe they care so much about a football site

and m1 I have a very strong view that god does not exists and until he comes down in front of me says

hi

then I think my view holds strong.

We all support Villa here, do you think you could be persuaded to support blooz, open mind ?

The wierdest thread ever on Villa Talk.

I didn't see the programme so I can't comment but reading between the lines I guess it was a documentary about a cult of some description? How bizarre and interesting to have a member on here posting!!

Terry can we get you to take an interest in God's own football team Aston Villa?

I'm assuming you haven't read the thread fully Ian and have joined the last page ?

true I have read bits from each page ...

However I find it all rather amusing

Someone justifing child abuse by quotes from the bible is always good fun

Friend, you may believe whatever it is that you want to believe, for as long as you want to believe it.

Respect.

Yes, I will respect any man and leave him to his own stubbornness, even to his own detriment. Also I am not interested in debate, for the sake of debate. It is a waste of energy. I would much rather go and walk the land and watch the deer cavort in the canyons, or watch the towhee dance in the weeds as they look for food. This is profitable.

Wrestling to “prove” something to someone who thinks it is unprovable, and does not want to have it proved to him, is like trying to turn a 50 ton rock upside down all by myself. I will wait for the earthquake, or the flood to do it’s work. Many a large bolder gets overturned when the flash flood strikes it. There is an old saying “there are no atheist in trenches” during a war. I’ll leave these souls in the hands of their Maker. He knows when and how to shake a man to his core and bring him down low.

I'm assuming you haven't read the thread fully Ian and have joined the last page ?

Ian go and join some other thread instead of ruining this one - as BOF said - this is a chance to actually hear the views of someone from the inside - as you have no interest in such things go elsewhere. It would be a mighty shame to get this locked.

I missed that, where is it ?

TerryCzap wrote:

Quote:

Michael was told by God to do what was asked of him. He never once solicited sexual favors from anyone. These various acts that took place (being naked, consummations) are simply symbols that are fulfilling bible prophecy.

Can you expand on this please. Which Bible prophecies and how are they symbols?

Michael Travesser symbolizes the True Husband. The true followers of God, regardless of religious affiliation, creed, race or color are symbolized as the Bride. The husband has returned to the earth to receive his bride and take her home with him

there you are, he is justifig potential child abuse, the leader only just stopped as admitted by himself

In other circumstances would you allow someone to defend this ?

Ian go and join some other thread instead of ruining this one - as BOF said - this is a chance to actually hear the views of someone from the inside - as you have no interest in such things go elsewhere. It would be a mighty shame to get this locked.

not sure why it would get locked, I only saw this today and if someone defends possible child abuse then I think he has serious questions to answer as above

I have yet to see the documentary (I have it ready to watch though) but this thread and others elsewhere have helped me to prepare for the possible slanted portrayal by the filmakers.

Apart from their beliefs, the Travesser community lifestyle doesn't sound a million miles away from any Amish community i.e non dependant and self-sufficient. Would that be a fair assessment or am I doing the Amish a disservice?

The "God told me to do this" is what bothers me the most as that "excuse" could be used to justify any action. That's not good!

[not sure why it would get locked, I only saw this today and if someone defends possible child abuse then I think he has serious questions to answer as above
You seem to be attempting to ruin the thread - you offer no points of debate, you have no interest in religion other than to denigrate it and there is nowhere he has defended child abuse. Now get of your anti-religious high horse an either make a real point or go ruin another thread.