Strong City

villab0y

do the amish state

Michael Travesser symbolizes the True Husband. The true followers of God, regardless of religious affiliation, creed, race or color are symbolized as the Bride. The husband has returned to the earth to receive his bride and take her home with him

nope, they are peacful people living life from centuries ago , nothing terry has said convinces me that is nothing more than a religous sect used by one man for his own desires, as he is quotes above as saying

TerryCzap wrote:

Quote:

Michael was told by God to do what was asked of him. He never once solicited sexual favors from anyone. These various acts that took place (being naked, consummations) are simply symbols that are fulfilling bible prophecy.

there you are, he is justifig potential child abuse, the leader only just stopped as admitted by himself

In other circumstances would you allow someone to defend this ?

Justifying potential child abuse ? I'm sorry Ian but I don't see that there. I know what you are getting at but it's a bit of a stretch. It's 'justifying' absolutely everything that comes into your mind if you want to interpret it in that way. Way too vague and it's a bit presumptuous of you. After all (as we've already discussed in this thread) if that was going on, the children would have been taken away from them by now yet they haven't.

[not sure why it would get locked, I only saw this today and if someone defends possible child abuse then I think he has serious questions to answer as above
You seem to be attempting to ruin the thread - you offer no points of debate, you have no interest in religion other than to denigrate it and there is nowhere he has defended child abuse. Now get of your anti-religious high horse an either make a real point or go ruin another thread.

real point

a follower comes on here and defends the leader taking any women and nearly a kid

If I was to say that I would be labelled a paedo and run out of here

What I should have said is

@ everyone who is reading this thread:

When the thread was started did anyone imagine that it would develop into an interesting debate where both sides of the argument are represented, and you would hear a lot of opinions coming directly from the centre? No.

Dont allow people to waste that by turning this into a bloody schoolboy insult fest. You have the chance to engage with someone here, you might not get it again. Dont waste it by being an arsehole.

Ian, this thread was a very interesting discussion. You haven't broken any rules but you've lunged in with both feet despite admitting to not reading the thread and you've potentially ruined it for good. I hope you haven't though.

at what point have I insulted anyone Gringo ?

however you have to challenge somone who defends possible paedophillia

if a guy comes on a public forum then points way short of insults are totally valid

Sir, do you have some very substancial evidence that someone is getting away with being a pedophile - and that I am defending it?

Terry, I have done a little search on the good old internet and dicovered that Michael himself is posting on other boards explaining his side of the story.

DO you think you could convince him to pay us a visit as it would be interesting to hear his views directly from him.

( not that I dont appreciate you posting here and I hope you would stick around too )

Thanks, but I don't think I will. If he shows up here though, I wouldn't stop him. If you view the few threads he is on right now, it is a lot of work/interaction to try to keep up with the posts, which are mostly simply mockery. One more would be almost impossible. If all that was here was mockery, I would have been gone long ago.

Im glad you are still here, Terry.

I have read some of those other threads and some of yours too.

I do see there seems to be alot of mocking.

I'll be honest that you have made me think twice about what the film portrayed.

I dont say that I agree with your view point but if you are happy with the way you live and the people there are happy and safe then that is all that matters.

From what I can see, Terry has come on here to try and dispel some of the mistruths and liberties taken by the documentary maker. A tactic which, if it succeeded, could see the children being taken from their city.

I wouldn’t say that your description above was my motive for coming on. This may explain it better: what would you think if a camera man followed you around for a few days snapping hundreds of shots of you walking around your house and yard. He says he is profiling you because your house is so neat and tidy. You agree that this would be OK to have the pictures published.

Knowing that your pics are to be in the paper you start looking around. To your amazement, you find a picture that is actually a splice of two different shots. You can see through the illusion of what the two pictures were. In the first shot, you were walking across you lawn with your shovel in your hand looking for dog dung in your yard. In the second shot, you can see your 8 year old child laying on the grass. The photoshop however, spliced these two shots into one, and made it look like you were ready to smash your child with the shovel. As time goes on, the neighbors are thowing a fit, suggesting that you are a child abuser.

Could a man’s motive for taking an add out in the paper be to say, “come now, this is not what happened, these are two different pictures put together in an effort to smear me”?

From what I can see, Terry has come on here to try and dispel some of the mistruths and liberties taken by the documentary maker. A tactic which, if it succeeded, could see the children being taken from their city. A film-makers tactic which we all acknowledge happens regularly. And that he (Terry) has been at pains when asked that he is not seeking nor would ever seek to convince anyone of anything. And despite this, a lot are coming on full of bluster with 'you wont convert me, I'm atheist dont ya know, oh you're so high and mighty' :lol: Terry has stayed because some of us have been curious. Let's not scare him away quite yet eh ?

Did you actually see the TV show BOF?