Weekends Football 22/23 December

andykeenan

1 minute ago, villa4europe said:

Why boo ox? He wanted to leave to play more football, ok Liverpool were the only club that came in for him so that didn't happen but all the same there shouldn't be bad blood, just seems a thing now to boo an ex player

Traitors aren't they? Enemies of the people!

I think last night was one of the worst games I've ever seen when it comes to 'quality', literally hundreds of misplaced passes and several catastrophic errors. Best league in the world my arse.

A few observations. Arsenal have some absolute garbage playing for them, Iwobi is an athlete impersonating a footballer, Xhaka is horrific, as is Monreal. Their young up and comning left back has no future as a fullback, good on the ball but has no clue about positioning. Also Lacazatte was horrifically isolated. From the Liverpool side, well, what a horrible defence they have, one of the worst in the league and Mingolet is a putrid excuse for a keeper.

Edited by Dr_Pangloss

13 hours ago, NurembergVillan said:

Petr Cech has gone backwards the last 2 or 3 years.  Sad to see, but he's not good enough (or certainly not consistent enough) for the very top level any more.

Honestly, he was amazing before his head injury, since then he has been no where near as good and as you say, has shown significant decline over the past couple of years.

Edited by Dr_Pangloss

Really when you reflect on that match, it was just a crazy 5 mins that cost Liverpool all three points. For the rest they dominated it really and the fact they have only lost 2 games all season shows they are consistently good but they lack that killer instinct at times in games. Yes they need a new goalkeeper. Pep realised his problem and has now got one of the best goalkeepers around. But when you play as attacking as Liverpool do you are bound to leave yourself open at the back. 2nd best side on the country watch and that's down to one man. That's the football I like watching not negative crap. I am a Klopp fan and if he goes the Premier League will be poorer for it. 

Edited by PaulC

Love it when teams actually go forward and ran at that Liverpool back 4 and expose it for how terrible it actually is.

Issue is teams rarely attack them at Anfield, even the top ones like Chelsea and Man. United of course sit back and just defend so Liverpool can rack up the clean sheets at home and say they're improving at the back but they frequently get found out away from home.

That's now 3 conceded at Watford and Arsenal, 5 at Man. City (o.k with a red card but that was to a striker) and 4 at Spurs.

Edited by VillaChris

6 minutes ago, PaulC said:

Really when you reflect on that match, it was just a crazy 5 mins that cost Liverpool all three points. For the rest they dominated it really and the fact they have only lost 2 games all season shows they are consistently good but they lack that killer instinct at times in games. Yes they need a new goalkeeper. Pep realised his problem and has now got one of the best goalkeepers around. But when you play as attacking as Liverpool do you are bound to leave yourself open at the back. 2nd best side on the country watch and that's down to one man. That's the football I like watching not negative crap. I am a Klopp fan and if he goes the Premier League will be poorer for it. 

Arsenal had more possession and Liverpool had 3 shots more. They didnt really dominate but had the better chances. Most of the chances they created was from Arsenal losing the ball in the other half and countering

as for Klopp his teams are entertaining as he cant organise a defence. One of the basics in football. Pity he is a bullying unlikeable arsehole to officials

Â