Multiple casualty incident in NYC

NurembergVillan

14 minutes ago, NurembergVillan said:

Doesn't sound like a typical jihadi attack.  I thought the whole point was to become a martyr?  Unless I've got that wrong.  Or he was planning the police would kill him.

Or unless he wasn't really a jihadi terrorist?!

What sounds most strange is the thing about carrying a toy gun.  It's not like the real thing is hard to come by over there.

But I suppose early accounts often turn out to be wrong in these cases.

1 minute ago, peterms said:

What sounds most strange is the thing about carrying a toy gun.  It's not like the real thing is hard to come by over there.

Yeah, that was what kind of threw me.  Seems a bit odd.  I guess we'll see as it unfolds.

Good timing from Donald's perspective.

29 y.o Uzbek apparently.

Very similar event to the one in Stockholm Sweden in April this year where another Uzbek killed 5 people and injured a lot more by plowing a truck through a crowded street in the city center.

8 hours ago, Genie said:

Now what in the USA? 

trump will use this and the fabricated benghazi plotter arrest as cover as these indictments pour in. things are about to get as tense as they can get without civil war

Edited by maqroll

16 hours ago, peterms said:

Running around the streets bandying about toy guns and being non-white; it's a miracle the police didn't kill him. Hope he has lots a fun contemplating his actions over the next 50 yrs.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Genie said:

Did the NY Police accidentally not kill him? It’s unheard of for the perpetrator to survive this kind of incident.

Yes, there's absolutely no way that they were aiming for his leg. They're trained to go for the torso.

Â