Crypto currency

PieFacE

1 hour ago, Genie said:

Is it possible Coinbase will add other currencies like Ark as time goes on?

Bitcoin Cash will be added in January.

They have also said they are looking into adding others. Various rumours include Dash, Ripple, Monero, Augur and Golem appear to the most talked about. 

I'd imagine they will have about 8 coins on there next year at some point. I think the ones that are added will rocket in value (a guess, not financial advice!)

2 hours ago, omariqy said:

Different good or different bad?

Different good in my opinion.

Ark Mobile Wallets release
CoreV2 release
ArkVM release

When ArkVM gets released, it will be the third blockchain to enable smart contracts. The other two being Ethereum and Neo ;)

Make of that what you will :D 

I hope/suspect history will repeat itself...

Screenshot_20171204-154617.jpg

Edited by PieFacE
  • Like 1

On 03/12/2017 at 12:32, Genie said:

I made £200 yesterday with Profit Squad (anyone else on here still doing that?) so I’ve had a punt on this just for a bit of interest.

£100 on bitcoin and £100 on Litecoin using Coinbase. 

24 hours in and I’m still not a billionaire :angry:

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, sexbelowsound said:

Forgive my ignorance here....

What are the chances that one day you wake up and your investment is gone? 

In my opinion very little.  But who knows? You could always create stop losses if you were that worried.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, sexbelowsound said:

Send it all to me, I'll look after it for you ;)

• Haha 2

12 hours ago, sexbelowsound said:

I'm sure there's a chance. One of the reasons I've only put in what I'm prepared to lose.

But it's going up so quick at the moment that you could probably get away with putting some money in, waiting for it to double and then taking out what you originally put in.

I could do that now and be left with almost as much as I originally put in still in my Coinbase account.

2 hours ago, omariqy said:

Is there a danger that everyone just sees this as an investment and no one ever actually spends the currency. Surely then it will devalue massively?

Possibly but assuming Bitcoin remains useful i.e stores keep accepting it then it will likely retain its value. Bitcoin will be like Gold in that once all mined Bitcoin is in circulation it will likely hit its value cap and whoever sells fastest gets the biggest financial win. That said who is going to pull the trigger first? Analysts keep telling people that Bitcoin or coins like it will replace fiat currencies, so will people want to sell their Bitcoin when it's worth $1 million a coin? As if the future does move to using Bitcoin for everything then they are richer for keeping the Bitcoin, but if the future stays with fiat currencies like the Dollar then selling Bitcoin is the best move. 

It's an investment until it isn't, but who is going to be brave enough to pull the trigger on selling when the time comes? At some point people will have to make a decision do they keep riding this wave hoping Bitcoin and other coins are the worlds future? Or do they cash out and hope Bitcoin dies and the Dollar remains supreme? It's a 50/50 gamble and lots of people will lose out either way. 

In my opinion bitcoin won't be used as a real currency at all. It's too slow, old and outdated for that. It will become a store of value, but an actual currency used by "normal" people? Nah not for me. There's a lot better out there which will be much better suited. 

Bitcoin will just be like gold. It pretty much is already.

Edited by PieFacE

Â